2 things when you buy a car...

no predrilled license plates on the front of the car
no decals advertising the dealership i just got my car from

·
Registered
232 Posts
darthvinh said:
What's with the decals? I don't see them on cars from Cali, but it seems like dealers in the midwest really like to put stickers or decals of their name on the car. This would really piss me off- it's advertising for them for free :pissed: I would be like yeah you can put that decal on my car--if you pay me my $10k advertising fee. . .sorry, just my little rant.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
i got the damn holes... damn it...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
the dealerships shouldn't do that, but i'd seen one Cadillac dealership (cant remember the name) sticks emblems of their name on the back of each car they sell.

·
8,849 Posts
Many dealers in my area do that.
Fortunately, Lexus ones just put license plate cover with their name on it.

The best thing Metro Lexus came up with - use optional LEX XXXX plates for their customers, where XXXX is a set of numbers.
Other dealers followed, using their combination.

·
2,360 Posts
My dealer asked me up front.

1. Do you want the Park Place liscense plate frames?

Ans: NO

2. Do you want us to install the front plate by drilling two holes in your nice clean smooth front bumper?

Ans: NO! But do it anyway... TX state law says front plate required. DAMMIT :pissed:

·
Registered
476 Posts
vlad_a said:
Many dealers in my area do that.
Fortunately, Lexus ones just put license plate cover with their name on it.

The best thing Metro Lexus came up with - use optional LEX XXXX plates for their customers, where XXXX is a set of numbers.
Other dealers followed, using their combination.
A few years ago I bought my Grand Am from Spitzer and they put one of those cheesy chrome emblems on it. I said "I'll take $100 to be your rolling billboard". They took it right off.

It seems like the Ohio (or midwest in general) dealers are way worse with those things.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
on the eastcoast....ever dealer puts on those stickers/emblems with their name on the cars.....you have to request not to have it....i think they check install it when they get the cars in....

on jeeps/suv's, they give you free rear-tire covers that have a big logo on it

nowadays....more and more dealers have started to put on the license plate frame....which can easily be taken off....

it's free advertising....you recognize the name.....

most people won't care for a small thing like that.....i do.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts

·
Registered
4,991 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
darthvinh said:
2 things when you buy a car...

no predrilled license plates on the front of the car
Seems like only the dealerships on the east coast put decals on the cars they sell to advertise.

Thomas

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
they put little emblems on like the ones that come in Greddy exhaust boxes.

David

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
man now i feel stupid.........my car didnt have holes in the bumper or dealer stickers (it came from utah) but i had my dealer drill holes in my car because of damn NJ plate laws :pissed:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts