Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
that reminds me, i carried a 32" sony tube tv once. had it tube down. when i took it out of the sportcross, i found out the bezel around the tube had cracked from the weight. i was going to donate it to st. vincent de paul, but had to bring it to the dump instead.

ricky

older 27" panasonic tv that had speakers on the side, it was more like a 32" in size and that was with the seats up.

·
Photographer
3,212 Posts
that sucks about the crack, sorry to hear about it. was this before California DTSC gave credit for CRT or after? i.e. did you have to pay to dispose of it at the dump?

that reminds me, i carried a 32" sony tube tv once. had it tube down. when i took it out of the sportcross, i found out the bezel around the tube had cracked from the weight. i was going to donate it to st. vincent de paul, but had to bring it to the dump instead.

ricky

·
Registered
326 Posts
hi rich-

this was before. i was going to give it to goodwill, but they wouldn't take anything bigger than 27". i think i paid about $40 at the dump.

i did get to weigh the sportcross though, and IIRC it came close to the GWR (i have the number on the receipt for the disposal).

ricky

that sucks about the crack, sorry to hear about it. was this before California DTSC gave credit for CRT or after? i.e. did you have to pay to dispose of it at the dump?

·
Registered
34 Posts

Oh.... all that lumber fits nicely in my SprtX.... our first project using the IS300 as our hauler and it works nicely and it carried(volume) a sheet and a half of plywood*, 1 2x4, and all the brackets, hardware etc.

* sheet and a half by volume is 9 cut sections 12x48, and 2 sections 18x48

·
Registered
981 Posts
Stopped at the toll booth on Sam Houston to pay...car behind me apparantly dropped his coins on his floorboard and didnt look up to hit his brakes. Fun stuff. Getting that repaired and the front fender as it was pushed into the barrier and got scuffed up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Five Kitchen Cabinets

I have halled quite a bit in my SportCross including five assembled kitchen cabinets. It has come in handy with trips to Home Depot and IKEA.;)

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Nice!

I just brought home full sized bed rails (not the headboard or footboard) and it fit like a champ, right down the middle.

What is the over/under a full sized mattress will fit?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I picked up a 300lb stump-grinder from the rental store this weekend.
You should have see the guys face when he told me there's no way it would fit in my car, then I showed him that it does!!

I had to bungie the hatch down, so it wouldn't bounce around.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I bought a full sized mattress and box spring, and with the use of some moving blankets put it on my roof with some bungee cords, and brought it home.

I had to remove my JDM antenna of course. :lol:

I was proud (who needs and SUV) and embarrassed at the same time (ghetto as hell to have a mattress on your roof).

21 - 40 of 82 Posts