Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Damn....must have been a pretty tough stick.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RICOIS300 said:
Are you sure somebody wasn't shooting at you?
HAHA..i know...it was the shot of the century. Actually the stick was still sticking out when I got home. There is only like an inch gap between the shield under the car and the bumper. So this really was the shot of the century.

I guess the only thing I learned was if you HAVE to run over a stick, get off the gas. I think the rear wheel must have propelled it up and shot it through the valence as seen in the pics. :(

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IS-300-Rulez said:
ouch, sorry bout that...will u have to replace the whole bumper? :(
I dont have too, but was told that a patch wouldnt over the long run. So I chose to replace the bumper. It goes in Thursday for the fix.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
i dont think that a stick would be propelled through the underside of the car like that and NOT hit anything else on the way to the bumper and have enough force to puncture a whole in the plastic and have ENOUGH force to PUNCH a whole through and not leave any pieces of plastic hanging from the whole and considering the whole is not perfectly round i assume that the stick was not perfectly round therefore making it even harder to pass through the plastic bumper......as you said...it was the shot of the century...did you notice anyone on the grassy knoll?

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MicaBlueLex said:
i dont think that a stick would be propelled through the underside of the car like that and NOT hit anything else on the way to the bumper and have enough force to puncture a whole in the plastic and have ENOUGH force to PUNCH a whole through and not leave any pieces of plastic hanging from the whole and considering the whole is not perfectly round i assume that the stick was not perfectly round therefore making it even harder to pass through the plastic bumper......as you said...it was the shot of the century...did you notice anyone on the grassy knoll?
You know the oddest part? It sounded like it hit the underside of the car, BUT on the right side, not the left. This grassy knoll thing may hold some water....

·
Registered
201 Posts
^^^That's what I was waiting for, the stick, I was kinda curious as to what kind it was. I kept thinking of a tree branch of some sort. Now I get it --> Evil Stick :pissed: :pissed:

·
Registered
865 Posts
that's crazy! who would've thought running over a stick would do that. sorry bout ur car man...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
22 Participants
HoustonLex
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing