Lexus IS Forum banner

What happened to lexus reliability?

1K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  Daniel 
Originally posted by Yogujuhere:
The following problems have happened to my car within the first 900 miles(thats whut I am at right now).
1. both front doors are squeeky when opening
Why not just spray WD-40 (or any other lubricant of your choice) on the hinge?
2. My titanium dash is peeling on one spot (not really factory fault, but dealer)
3. The spoiler I have, when opening the trunk, sounds like something is running inside it when I open it. (maybe loose filaments)
4. The emergency brake is a little loose
Take it in to be fixed. Someone posted this problem and the dealer fixed it no problem.
5. (When they changed my graphite polished wheels to regular 17" alloys, they didn't change the spare, and the wheel locks) (Dealer fault)
6. The gas pedal is squeeky.
Someone posted a fix to this too. Or take it in and let the dealer do it.
7. The tires seem to be deterioating rather quickly, ( i already see cracks on the angles of the tires)
The cost of having high performance tires made of soft rubber. They wear out quick.
8. The biggest. When going over 5k rpms, i hear this blub blub blub sound on the driver side of the engine. (I hope this is not major)

I dunno. This is not like Lexus. I have a RX300 and it works fine. But this one, I don't know. PLEASE GOD Don't let this be a lemon!.... help guyz.

BTW, I fill this car up with 94 Octane all the time. Is this good, bad, or am I wasting my money?
What is the Lexus recommended grade? If it is lower than the grade you are using, then yes you are wasting your money. Use the recommended grade of gasoline unless you are experiencing detonation. I use grade because octane can differ depending on your location.

[This message has been edited by Yogujuhere (edited October 10, 2000).]

Originally posted by ISFAN:

Funny that you said that about the blinker. I thought I was having a problem. I can not hear mine either. Wierd. Humm.
I never knew the blinker going "tick tick" was an actual by product of the blinker itself. I thought they made it make that sound so that you knew it was on. They should make it louder...so many ppl drive w/ their blinker going and going and going and....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.