Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
why not try something different. There is a Sard Mig rear section on eBay right now. Talk about being different and having a rare piece. I would jump on it if I wasn't going FI

·
Registered
328 Posts
hey.. kinda new here. just wondering exactly how good the dragger II is for the price. I guess i thought they made it in a c/b system...but all i see is rear sections. i was looking for a catback system in my car, it has a SRT intake(r-ecu), and teck grounding kit...headers on the way...im not looking to take out the cat's..but whats your opinions?? its an '01 e-shift...
and im basically looking for perfomance.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
If you want a smooth semi-loud sound, a Hiper or Drager II are good.

If you want a smooth but not so loud exhaust, being a little louder than stock, JIC and Ltuned are good.

If you want loud and kind of a bubbly sound, go with GReddy Evo. (I personally don't like the sound of it myself)

If you want the MOST gains, and want something loud as shit, go with 3" PFS SS cat-back or a custom 3" exhaust. Those give the most gains, but are pretty loud. Best for forced induction cars, kinda overkill for NA though, unless you plan on FI later on down the road.

IMO, the best sounding rear section would be either the JIC for queitness, or Drager II for smooth loudness. JIC has pretty much no drone, but the dragger and most other have drone at around 2500rpm.

The best thing you can do is attend a local meet where a bunch of people have different exhausts, and compare the sound in person. Sound clips just don't cut it.

Kane

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I got the greddy evo and love the sound of it!!!! :)

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
iono if someone said it already., but i still think that the APEXI n1 cat back is better than the HKS hiper. Sound and power. but then again, i feel like not too many people have it so no one says anything about it.

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
i agree that the N1 sounds a lot better than the hiper, not so sure about the power though. my gues is that it is pretty close to the drapper ad the hiper though

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.