Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on....I know you guys who love the loaners are out there. What did you tell the service people was "wrong" with your car, and how long did they look at it for?

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Hmm, I've gotten a loaner for any type service I've gotten, even an oil change. They ask if I need a loaner, I say yes or no. If I need to be somewhere in the morning, I say yes, if it can wait, I say no. I've never had to make an excuse to get a loaner. Loaner policies differ from dealer to dealer though.

-crontab -l

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
family member of mine complained about a cig burn (that he made himself) on the instrument panel. he got an rx300 and racked up about 600 miles on it in two days.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
when I bought my car, I drove home that night in an ES300 instead of my own car. :eek: They gave me a loaner car, because I wanted a spoiler installed on my car when I purchased it. I walked in knowing that I wouldn't be driving home in my new car that night, but I also wasn't expecting them to give me a loaner. Needless to say I was very impressed when they had a loaner car ready for me.....

I also got an RX300 once, because they offered to detail my car for free.

I would never make up an excuse to bring my car into the dealer just because I wanted to drive around in a loaner car. That's retarded to do something like that. You bought you car, and you would rather have it sitting at the dealer for no reason, and have the service people drive around in your car to try and figure out a problem that isn't there??? :roll:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I get a loan car whenever My car get serviced...other times have been when the car was back detailing, swaping fog lights, electric chair swich broken, air bag fault, headlight leveling fault after lowering, battery dead, flat tire, new brake pads...many more i forgot already, and I only had the car for 15 months....lol........everytime i get a IS300 / IS200, Once I asked for a ES300, that thign cant turn.....

Matt

·
Registered
712 Posts
frylai said:
I get a loan car whenever My car get serviced...other times have been when the car was back detailing, swaping fog lights, electric chair swich broken, air bag fault, headlight leveling fault after lowering, battery dead, flat tire, new brake pads...many more i forgot already, and I only had the car for 15 months....lol........everytime i get a IS300 / IS200, Once I asked for a ES300, that thign cant turn.....

Matt
Hey Matt, Sorry to hear about all your car trouble. Hopefully its all over! take care...

-Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts