Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
IS300GTR said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1873908835

Do any of you have any clue what this is? Does any one have it?
LOL!!! :lol:

(Not at you, IS300GTR.)

Yeah, 3" BB-gun-type cartridges into the filter of all places will help a lot! :roll: :lol:

Anybody willing to bet that the cartridges aren't even really nitrous oxide?

I'd gripe about all the horsepower scams aimed at IS300 owners, but we all know that in some respect we brought it upon ourselves.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Yeah, I saw that, it is preety funny!! :lol: I wouldnt ever by that, or that intake or "tunable" exhaust. More scam shit is on ebay now-a-days :roll:

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
:lol: i think you would get more power by running a tube out of your engine bay and in the window where you can hook up a starter fluid spray can and spray in infront of the air intake

·
Mr. Negative
12,387 Posts
Great... Just great.......... Give the ebay scammers more ideas why don't you. This will probably be their new Xmas specials, now.

:lol:

CarbonIS300 said:
:lol: i think you would get more power by running a tube out of your engine bay and in the window where you can hook up a starter fluid spray can and spray in infront of the air intake

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

IS_Dude said:
Great... Just great.......... Give the ebay scammers more ideas why don't you. This will probably be their new Xmas specials, now.

CarbonIS300 said:

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
IS_Dude said:

CarbonIS300 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fake Nitro Kit.... :noway:

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Thats really funny. Those are the same N2O cartriges used to make whipped cream (or inhale). I guarantee that wont make your car faster in the least.

HAHA...they also say when you run out of cartriges, just order more from them - 5 for $20....they sell them in the store in boxes of 24 for like $15. What a scam.

I guarantee this is gonna take the Honda world by storm! :lol:

·
my.is Headlight Guru
4,786 Posts
Those are whipped cream cartridges! They don't contain sulfur like N2O systems do (do not huff N2O nitrous you will breathe in sulfur) I think the sulfur was in the Nitrous for performance gains. someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
-Justin

·
2,073 Posts
LCA575 said:
Those are whipped cream cartridges! They don't contain sulfur like N2O systems do (do not huff N2O nitrous you will breathe in sulfur) I think the sulfur was in the Nitrous for performance gains. someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
-Justin
Ok; you're wrong! :shame:

The sulfur dioxide is to prevent little boys from huffing the N2O.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
IS300GTE said:
Nice...now when someone comes on asking about this, you can tell them to search under "retarded" and you won't just be fucking with them.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
correct, actually, every other time i have said it, i wasn't fucking with them either, if you search under retarded, the ebay chip should come up, the spirinator, turbonator, max spiral air ingester and all of that other bullshit should pop up as well. i've slowly been amassing a resource for that crap with one simple word :D

-gte

DJPoop said:
IS300GTE said:
Nice...now when someone comes on asking about this, you can tell them to search under "retarded" and you won't just be fucking with them.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
RS200AT said:
LCA575 said:
-Justin

this is correct...BUT...dont' quote me on this one...BUT...many places who fill bottles now use medical grade N2O becuase it's much cheaper and easier to obtain. the automotive grade has sulfur in it...but not many ppl use the automotive grade anymore. i also heard that a lot of the guys who sell the N20 kits aren't even using sulfur in the mixture anymore due to cost. i'm not 100% sure about this but it totally makes sense. they'll tell the general public that they added sulfur so no one will inhale it...

that's just what i "heard" :)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
HyperMKIV said:
RS200AT said:
LCA575 said:
-Justin

this is correct...BUT...dont' quote me on this one...BUT...many places who fill bottles now use medical grade N2O becuase it's much cheaper and easier to obtain. the automotive grade has sulfur in it...but not many ppl use the automotive grade anymore. i also heard that a lot of the guys who sell the N20 kits aren't even using sulfur in the mixture anymore due to cost. i'm not 100% sure about this but it totally makes sense. they'll tell the general public that they added sulfur so no one will inhale it...

that's just what i "heard" :)
While I haven't huffed N2O in a long time, I remember in my day the medical grade was much more expensive.

I knew people that actually made a water bong type of filter, that got rid of the sulfer. That way they could just buy a big NOS bottle at NOPI instead of the whipped cream cartridges.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
15 Participants
ATLDave
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing