Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by a shop this past weekend while I was out of town and I am at a loss. I am saving for boost and I am wanting to get a all around good EMS. The tuner told me that he preferred AEM, or TEC3. Opinoions, Discuss....

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
haltec ?? maybe..Emanage? not really sure ..im not the boosted kinda of guy..but i think these too are good...search them

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
If you're just looking for an EMS to control fuel and spark then the Haltech, TEC3, or AEM can do the job just fine. It's a toss up, one may have more functionality while the other may be a bit more user friendly.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well someone I know and u (Jason)know suggested it this past weekend

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Emanage Ultimate??

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
currently tuners are using the following. emanage piggy(TE), haltec f10x(SRT), Haltec e6x(toyomoto, srt, te), Tec3(pfs), motec(phr, rtc), AEM(sooner or later) .

there is no blanket answer, depends on what overall price, goals and kit needs you have in mind.

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
Tec3 was also boostlogics but I don't know if they are still in the IS300 game, also there is another tuner in Dallas that is strongly considering going tec3. Hell play the Nitto555r challenge video game, the EMS upgrade they offer if you look at the picture is the Tec3. It's very versatile while still being very user friendly and it's also constantly updated. Again I still think AEM is the best even over motec but the Tec3 for the money is where I would look... Again goodluck and let us know how your project comes along.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts