1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it boost or bolt ons?

·
2,360 Posts
My lightning runs low 13's on pump gas and street tires so I don't think bolt-ons will cut it.

edit: Mine is a Gen 1 which isn't even as strong as the current gen2's which I've seen do 11's at the track in street legal trim.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
hmm, I honestly dont think a supercharged IS would beat a new Lightning...even from a roll....but a stage 2 turbo would likely do the job, prob need at least 400 rwhp....correct me if i'm wrong.....

I got smoked by a supercharged lightning last week...damn was I pissed....

I NEED BOOST! :x

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
hmm, I honestly dont think a supercharged IS would beat a new Lightning...even from a roll....but a stage 2 turbo would likely do the job, prob need at least 400 rwhp....correct me if i'm wrong.....

Think custom pulley :D
Ask me in the spring all things willing.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
goldark said:
tsopranoMB said:

Think custom pulley :D
Ask me in the spring all things willing.
I dunno, well, hottie has 330 rwhp, I dunno if thats enough to take out a lightning...if you end up getting more then that, then damn...that would be interesting!

keep us posted....and dont be racing on the ICE this winter...careful with your newly added power!!! :wink:

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
goldark said:
hottie was at 13 psi.
we are aiming a bit higher (17+) with a built engine.
just curious why you would wanna boost 17+ with a supercharger? the pully will be the size of a button and it won't be nearly as efficient as a turbo boosting 17psi.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
lilaznboi said:
goldark said:
hottie was at 13 psi.
just curious why you would wanna boost 17+ with a supercharger? the pully will be the size of a button and it won't be nearly as efficient as a turbo boosting 17psi.
I like to do things the hard way?
It's the same reason why I went with a SC over a turbo.

·
Registered
43 Posts
bolt-ons? i say add-ons will be enough. just add a couple of potatoes in his exhaust before you race and you're set! easy kill.

seriously though, lightnings can get down very low on the 1/4. I've also heard of 11's out of them so yeah, NA will be difficult. If you have tons of money I can get a team to do it for ya NA!

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
goldark said:
lilaznboi said:
goldark said:
hottie was at 13 psi.
I like to do things the hard way?
It's the same reason why I went with a SC over a turbo.
:lol: :lol: fair enough. goodluck and plz post :wink:

·
Registered
277 Posts
defintly not likey NA unless u really smack down the dough and
do everything u can thinnk of

lightenings are quick
but turbo wise i bet 345 rwhp should take care of it
yes yes i know that the lightening has more hp but
trucks for some reason whenever i go out have more trouble getting all that hp to the ground. Probably should throw some sand bags back there

they got abt 380 hp stock

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.