------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try a search for this. We've talked about this quite a few times.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata
Why do people reply, without an answer, just to say an answer exists if you search?

Do you also get on Yahoo answers and reply to every question with something like, "I don't know, but somebody on the internet wrote about this"? I guess that might be fun.

I've been searching on and off for days (probably an hour total) to find out the differences between LS and GS models in the 400 range, and I'm not finding anything except what rims fit. I have found some people say GS stands for Grand Sport, and others say it stands for Grand Sedan. I can guess LS is Luxury Sedan or Luxury Sport, but I don't know what the difference between a Grand car and a Luxury car would be. I guess one is terrific or large, and the other is luxurious, which can mean the same thing.

I guess I'll keep searching. And please, if you want to reply to my post with "check the lexus site", or some other type of look it up answer, please just pound on your keyboard and see what pattern of letters show up. At least that would be interesting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why do people reply, without an answer, just to say an answer exists if you search?

Do you also get on Yahoo answers and reply to every question with something like, "I don't know, but somebody on the internet wrote about this"? I guess that might be fun.

I've been searching on and off for days (probably an hour total) to find out the differences between LS and GS models in the 400 range, and I'm not finding anything except what rims fit. I have found some people say GS stands for Grand Sport, and others say it stands for Grand Sedan. I can guess LS is Luxury Sedan or Luxury Sport, but I don't know what the difference between a Grand car and a Luxury car would be. I guess one is terrific or large, and the other is luxurious, which can mean the same thing.

I guess I'll keep searching. And please, if you want to reply to my post with "check the lexus site", or some other type of look it up answer, please just pound on your keyboard and see what pattern of letters show up. At least that would be interesting.
Yeah I thought these forums were suppose to be helpful. If it's been covered before they could at least post a link which is probably buried deep somewhere in the archives.

·
Registered
130 Posts
CT - Creative Touring / Compact Touring
HS - Harmonious Sedan
RC - Radical Coupe
LC - Luxury Coupe
NX - Nimble Crossover
UX - Urban eXplorer
RX - Radiant Crossover
GX - Grand Crossover
LX - Luxury Crossover
LM - Luxury Mover

·
Registered
161 Posts
[Pic source]

This is strange. Pretty much all other places that talk about the naming convention use "Intelligent Sport"

In Lexus's Australia snippet when searched for the car, they refer to it as such.

Sources with Intelligent Sport:

However, to see that on their own FAQ's its Innovative Sedan is contradictory.

oh well, I guess we can just go back to just calling it IS

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is strange. Pretty much all other places that talk about the naming convention use "Intelligent Sport"

In Lexus's Australia snippet when searched for the car, they refer to it as such.
View attachment 133530

Sources with Intelligent Sport:

However, to see that on their own FAQ's its Innovative Sedan is contradictory.

oh well, I guess we can just go back to just calling it IS
There is plenty more sources showing intelligent sport than anything else. I do like the name better than Innovative...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts