Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to bother everyone but i was wondering what does invoice starting at 26k meant that TEG was talking about.. I'am only 17 years old and don't know alot about this stuff.. sorry and thanks again

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's actually dealers invoice. It means the actual price the dealer pays to the manufacturer for the car. Usually you see MSRP, on a price sheet on the car, this is Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price--the price the manufacturer thinks is fair for you to buy the car at. The goal is to get as close to or under the invoice price when you are buying a new car--thats before tax, license and title (TTL). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So there is a good chance to get the car under the MSRP? meaning get the IS300 for lets say... $25k base price? Thanks for helping out webhog

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
On a brand new model,
in high demand (e.g. IS300 now)
dealers have enough customers willing
to pay MSRP that they aren't willing
to do much negotiating.

Some dealers will do you a favor by
charging less, or they may take an order
for less if they are convinved that
they will lose your business to another
dealer.

Some people have a philosophy like
"never pay more than 5% over invoice",
but those people tend not to be the
first ones to get a brand new model.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have to agree with TEG, for a brand new model car in it's first year you usually have to pay more. Depends on demand. For the IS300, MSRP will probably be the going price. If your willing to wait, the price will go down, but it's still a Lexus and I don't think they will ever sell for invoice unless you have some connections or they've had the car on the lot for months.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I know chances are slim that I could get the IS 300 below MSRP when it first comes out. However, my grandmother is looking into a Lexus also, probably an ES 300. If I bring her in and we both get a car from the same dealership, how much negotiation power does everyone think I have then? Whoever the sales guy is has to drool at the thought of getting $70,000+ worth of sales at one time.

·
Registered
113 Posts
SpectraBlue, I know if I was the salesperson I would be droolin. I'd sell you the IS and the ES for under MSRP if it means that much money in sales at one time

·
Registered
171 Posts
SpectraBlueIS300, you will probably have a very good chance of getting a good price for buying multiple cars. No dealer can resist. The faster they move the cars, the more profit they make. Simple as that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts