Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this morning, I got in my car (04 IS300), and wondered "hmm... what happens when I hold this button down?", so I pressed and held the button that turns on/off my mirror's auto-tinting. After a few seconds, the compass display switched to the letter "C". When it's on "C", pushing the button briefly doesn't appear to do anything.

If I hold it down again or longer, it switches the compass display off. Pushing the button briefly here does nothing.

If I hold it down longer/again once more, it switches to the letter "S". This does not appear to be "S" as in "South", because if left on "S", it stays on "S", even while driving in different directions. If I press the mirror button again briefly while in "S" mode, it cycles through numbers 1-15.

Anyone know what these modes do?

More to the point, how do I get my compass back? :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first guess was "sensitivity", but *shrug*.

I'll probably try the battery thing later. I've got a loose positive battery terminal anyhow, so it might do it for me. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
C = Calibrate.

Look in your owners manual, you need to drive in circles so the compass can orientate itself.

Reactions: rvalero

·
Registered
29 Posts
ha ha wow I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but I think it's funny that the owner's manual instructs the driver to drive in circles... I do understand why, but it's just kinda funny (coming from an 01 owner without auto-dimming/compass mirror of course)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts