Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure this could be the best choice also. Also what kind of material do you use?

------------------
Heaven? Hmmm... It's probably a garage with tons of awesome cars... :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what I figured... thanks geoff. BTW what kind of cloth do you use?

------------------

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
a paper towel, believe it or not

low-tech, i know, but it works. no need for a towel or anything else.

·
Registered
344 Posts
IS300JARODL:
Did you get your IS from Carlsbad? I was there today and saw a pretty nice silver one with chromes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I did get my IS300 from Lexus Carlsbad... Mine is black/black loaded. I believe Lexus Carlsbad is the best Lexus dealer in the area.
Did you get yours from Carlsbad also?

------------------

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yep, picked up my Silver one back in July. Definitely the best dealer in town. Was your black with chrome the one that was displayed in the showroom for awhile? Very nice. Much better than the silver with chrome rims. Just didn't quite look right. You have any good twisties in your area?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah, yeah, was it that black base model but
with 18" chromes and 245 tires? No, you just said yours is loaded. gmej, the showroom one was cloth/no moonroof. Lexus Carlsbad at one time had three base model black ISs with factory 17" on the lot. A sales guy said that they felt they'd sell them to the few people for whom the price point of the more common loaded model was just a tad too high. Seems like that tactic worked. There are people who will buy the base model, for a variety of reasons.

Guys, I might agree that Lexus Carlsbad is the best in the area, but only because the entire San Diego *area* only has two other Lexus dealers! Carlsbad, Kearny Mesa and El Cajon. None of those is particularly close to another, so the dealer choices are limited. Or are you really only complimenting their Sales staff? Have you had your car serviced there much? Between my wife's RX, purchased in April, and my IS, delivered 9-5-00, we have had uniformly bad service (especially in relation to the expectations Lexus deliberately creates in us). I have mentioned the details in old posts, but we had $50+ stolen, sloppily installed bike racks, a scratch on the roof, mechanics' footprints on the front seats, waits for loaners despite advance booking, confirmation and fifteen minutes' notice, failure to complete a work list, and scratches introduced to my SBM finish by dirty drying towels after the complimentary wash! Those are the worst, but there are more.

They get one more chance at my 5,000 mile checkup. Perform to "Lexus" expectations or I will hunt up a shop capable of servicing my IS. I am willing to pay the same or even more money to the independent for superior service. The dealership makes most of its money off service, not sales, so you gotta wonder how Lexus Carlsbad's Service department can stay bad...

And yeah, how about some North Coastal twisties?

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
doug, you damaged ingrate, if you use cotton towels you'll go through half the bottle of windex and get no better results than with paper.

paper towels work fine. i use them with zero problems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My car wasn't ever in the showroom...
I purchased it the day it came in. It's black/black loaded and I had the chrome rims put on after using Lexus. BTW do you know Kevin, if so he's the best service manager I've ever done business with. (Then again I'm only 16) For awesome twisties go deep into Rancho Sante Fe, and you'll have a blast!

------------------

·
Registered
344 Posts
MKAUF,
$hit! That's quite a list of fuch-ups by those guys in Carlsbad. I guess I've been fortunate. And, yes, I was comparing sales staff as I haven't had my car serviced in Kearny or Cajon. Hope you have better luck at your 5000 mile. North coastal twisties? Do tell.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gmej you've driven in rancho before right?

------------------

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah, RSF has twisties fine, but it's also RESIDENTIAL! Large acreage and more distance between driveways, but still not like a mountain road...

It only takes one Jaguar XKE driven slowly out of a drive on the other end of a blind curve to ruin your day!

I posted before that the East side of Palomar mountain can be fun. Nowadays in San Diego, though, given all our population, you WILL run into traffic in daylight no matter where you go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
5 Participants
Doug
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing