·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone tried one of these?

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
I have one (cusco knockoff) from eBay. Works and fits like a champ.

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
I have one too, but I wrapped mine in carbon fiber.

I've been told that thes ebars are prone to break at the welds. I'm actually trying to break mine, since the girl who told me about it broke hers.

Reactions: -Tom-

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Buy it. It's cheaper than all that jdmbullshit and you can't really get a strut town bar wrong. Though I have seen it.

Inspect it before you put it on and worse case, slip a welded $10 to run a weld over the existing one. Though I don't see why the weld would break in the first place.

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
I have one too, but I wrapped mine in carbon fiber.

I've been told that thes ebars are prone to break at the welds. I'm actually trying to break mine, since the girl who told me about it broke hers.
Miranda must be a maniac behind the wheel. lol

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
Buy it. It's cheaper than all that jdmbullshit and you can't really get a strut town bar wrong. Though I have seen it.

Inspect it before you put it on and worse case, slip a welded $10 to run a weld over the existing one. Though I don't see why the weld would break in the first place.
You can get one wrong, use the wrong dimensions to secure the bar to the strut tower and the bar or its base will just flex. Plus if you use a crappy grade aluminum it can also flex and twist drastically. I'm no metalurgist or suspension engineer but i know people who are. (Can you say cheif suspension engineer for Chryslers SRT division?)

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
You should also look at the Tanabe Sustec. I got mine for less that $90 shipped from Options Auto. This is a really nice bar that can be tensioned and can be removed very easily if one needs more space in the boot.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!! For the 40 more dollars I can get a "name brand" Tanabe. I thought they would be more expensive than that. That seems like a smarter idea.....plus that is nice how you can adjust it to fit perfectly!! Thanks for the site!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
But you get a free magnetic drain plug with the ebay one!!!!! You can't pass up that deal :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Reactions: Squareback

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe they'll throw in a magnetic drain plug!! :p

·
Registered
800 Posts
does strut bars really make a big difference? I've bought some then re-sold them on the forum because I needed money. In my personal experience, worth $50-$90? I don't think so. I mean are you really going to need that extra stiffness?
Just my 2 pesos...

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Not really. Unless your car is old and flops around like a 80yr old pair of titties.

But as cheap as they can be had for, it's a nice addition.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I think strut bars do make a difference. They are the only mod I have affecting handling and I can really feel the difference. My car stays much flatter on corners, feels more planted and when the rear tires break away, they do so in a very smooth, controlled and predictable manner.
I ran an auto-x event last weekend and there were a few other IS300's there and I ran 3 seconds quicker than another IS that has Tein Flexs.
I think our stock struts/ springs do a pretty decent job on dive and squat but body roll is (one of) the IS300's weakness

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree with that!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts