Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I await my 2002 5 speed, I was wondering if you could share the thing(s) you have enjoyed the most about the styling of your is 300. There are not many is 300's in my area so I do not see very many of them and have to rely on pictures only. Thanks for your input on the things that look good about this car!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Other than the slick interior, In my opinion, the front end is one of the most attractive and aggressive out there. It is distinctly Japanese and I believe I read somewhere it's design is influenced by Japanese Animation. Although the car handles as good or better then it's German rivals, it looks pure Japanese on the outside. You have to respect Toyota for making a car that can mimic the legendary 3 series without the car having to look like a 3 series.

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: E-shift ]

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I love the hood...it has great character lines running up the sides to meet the A-pillars. I also like the subtle crease on the sides of the car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What I like the best about my car is that its DWP with back interior; plus it has the Black OEM front end mask & spoiler (totally standout).
Overal the car looks kindly sporty aggressive from the front view, Luxury from the rear and god know what is it looks like from the sideway.....

To be hosnest, I like it from every angle view (thats why I bought it), and more likely careless about performance now, BUT will seriously looking into SRT intake (sometimes next month) and Turbo (next year)....

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
This is one of the few topics where I have a hard time expressing my thoughts.

I just like the appearance of the IS and the way it makes me feel. I get this good feeling whenever I look at it. I don't know what it is, maybe the combination of curves and creases or the compact appearance of the entire car or the integrated look from headlights to rear bumper. It just looks perfect all over.

I know kinda stupid response.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Nope not stupid because I feel the same way

I just can't explain it... The stance of the car, the low hang over in the front, aggressive stilling.. Just everything.

That’s the reason I first liked the car. Then I drove and that was it.

I can only imagine what the 5 speed is like. mmm..

There was only a few things I wanted to do to my IS to make it stand out and be Mine. I did them and I love the car even more.

Originally posted by Risk3233:
This is one of the few topics where I have a hard time expressing my thoughts.

I just like the appearance of the IS and the way it makes me feel. I get this good feeling whenever I look at it. I don't know what it is, maybe the combination of curves and creases or the compact appearance of the entire car or the integrated look from headlights to rear bumper. It just looks perfect all over.

I know kinda stupid response.
[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: Martin ]

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I like the very small over hang on the front bumper. (how the front wheels are really far forward close to the bumper) and the rectagular rear end.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I ditto everything everybody said above. What I also find so amazing about the car is that for an entry level model, it looks far better and gets more attention than the models above it. I have stolen the spotlight from quite a few SC430's

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: Zor Prime ]

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i love the 17inch 5 spoke wheel design and the caliper...when you are flying down the highway take a peak at the side of a dark shiny car and look at the way your wheel spins and how the calipers stand out...the best is if you paint them and drop stickers on em they look great and the face on other drivers as you drive by them is the best aswell!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts