Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Looks good. Just make sure to find out what volt preouts and how many it has. Gonna be important if you are planning on doing speaker upgrades.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
It sucks horribly. Just installed one the other day matter a fact and the customer came back a week later because it would randomly switch modes.
just for humour purposes I will say this...how did you install one the other day and the customer came back a week after...its been a week since the other day?...lol...just buggin u....

back to the topic...yes they suck and you get what you pay for....even the units that work don't work for a very long time...that's my personal experience with valor brand...never again...

Reactions: mycalr

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
After the trouble I had with Farenheit equipment a few years back I will never by a non name brand HU. I'm alpine brand loyal at the moment, but pioneer has some nice AV HUs for the price, if I were u I'd look into them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks 4 tha input guys. Hey stjarvis what kind of problems did u have with farenheit? I was checking out their double din 7" navigation deck model TID-735nrbt. I don't want to spent 1000dlls on a name brand deck I rather spent that on the engine or suspension. I just need a deck that can play dvds cds mp3 etc etc, can plug in my Itouch and has navigation so its there when needed. looking to spend 500 no more than that. I tought about just buying the itouch adaptor for the factory stereo and then buying a garmin portable GPS but I don't like the fact that you have all these wires hanging from the windshield and coming out of the stereo, plus its almost 350 400 dlls on that alone so I figure, I spend another 150 or 100 and buy the all in one unit. Any suggestions or recomendations???

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
i bought my pro level eclipse avn6620 for 320 shipped. badass unit too.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
i wish i knew where i would get one asap.
also guy wants to sell me a d3 for 250 only needs a gps ant and rca pre-outs.
little does he know i have them both just laying around.. advantages of being an installer.
amazon. my first experience was a good one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.