Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinkin about getting these and then powdercoating them either a really dark gunmetal or black. Wondered how you guys think that they would look. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You have a TCM right? i think the dark gunmetal would look really good on there but the black might be too much. They look pretty dark to begin with so i dunno they might look good as is. And how much did you pay for them?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think the black would look sick. The rim is already a shade of gunmetal and powder coating it wouldnt really look good IMHO. Nice choice though.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
I think they would look good on TCM in the stock color, but definitely not black, if you do powdercoat them, just go with a darker gunmetal.

And post photos when you're done.

·
Registered
827 Posts
i like them you dont even have to powder coat them they are pretty close to tcm.

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
I like them the way they are, if I were you I'd get them and rock 'em for a little then after a year or two get them powder coated.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I like them the way they are as well. But seeing them in person could be differant.

What are they off of?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya the only reason I would powdercoat them darker is because my car is goinig with the whole dark accents theme. I have dark gunmetal wheels an right now with a TRD grille and Im getting my heads and tails painted satin black. Im also going with Carbon Fiber mirror covers and carbon fiber license plate carnish.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Tell me you NOT painting the stock blue colored sport design headlights black!

Those are worth some $.

Your better off painting a set of the stock silver and selling the blues for a profit.

·
Registered
348 Posts
my vote, powdercoat them black

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
they look great as they are now. but if you were to powder coat them, then go with an even darker gunmetal, not black imo.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Those are worth some $.

Your better off painting a set of the stock silver and selling the blues for a profit.
Ya I was planning to just send them to AAC. I know they are rare and all but I didnt think I could get very much money for them over normal chrome ones.

·
Registered
213 Posts
trade me your SD headlights and tails for mine plus cash!
haha.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
the wheel is nice... however it would be twice as nice if they came staggered with an inset rear face. ever seen the m3 csl wheels? those are sexy for stock wheels!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

Those are worth some $.

I second this, you know how in damand the set of SD headlights are, it took me almost a yr to get a set, trust me bro, if you put those babies up for sale or trade it wont take you long to find takers... Good Luck, sounds like your car is going to be having alot of sweet upgrades soon...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts