Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think these rotors will be okay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2442413840&category=33564

They are cheap as hell and I'm looking for drilled & slotted rotors as my stock ones are rusting by the vents and, well, I LOVE the look of drilled & slotted rotors, but I'm not ready to sign my life over to get them...

Hopefully you guys think they will be fine for my car.... (the price makes me worry alittle)

Thanks for your input!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOOK AT ME POST-WHORING MY OWN TOPIC!!!

Anyway,

I'd like to ask you gurus something about these BREMBOS that I have linked in the second post above...

I've searched the .NET on these Rotors but I don't know if these might be a lower-end Brembo kit than what has been talked about here on the .NET or not>???

I'm just wondering how these specific ones will perform in contrast to my stock IS300 rotors... as you know, the IS300's stock ventilated brakes have much praise in the industry and I love their performance. I mean, I know Brembo is a high end name and I may be naive in the matter, but they don't look ventilated, nor as thick as my stock rotors. Will they perform as good, and will they last as long?

Enlighten me, please. Thank you.


(and I promise I won't start another thread with 3 friggin posts evar again)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,239 Posts
those are good rotors...make sure u get good pads to match them...nothing too rough or they will warp...

Axxis pads are a common one.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
13,898 Posts
dela said:
LOOK AT ME POST-WHORING MY OWN TOPIC!!!

Anyway,

I'd like to ask you gurus something about these BREMBOS that I have linked in the second post above...

I've searched the .NET on these Rotors but I don't know if these might be a lower-end Brembo kit than what has been talked about here on the .NET or not>???

I'm just wondering how these specific ones will perform in contrast to my stock IS300 rotors... as you know, the IS300's stock ventilated brakes have much praise in the industry and I love their performance. I mean, I know Brembo is a high end name and I may be naive in the matter, but they don't look ventilated, nor as thick as my stock rotors. Will they perform as good, and will they last as long?

Enlighten me, please. Thank you.


(and I promise I won't start another thread with 3 friggin posts evar again)
they will probably perform a little better just like the i-rotors and any other ones like that. they are definitely not the ones that all the turbo guys are putting on. if you want the ones that are used in the turbo cars you will be looking for the brembo big brake kit. those are usually about $2500 for a pair.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
i think brembo only makes cross drilled rotors and not sloted rotors. those might be brembo blanks that are drilled and sloted.
check tirerack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oneeyejack said:
if you want the ones that are used in the turbo cars you will be looking for the brembo big brake kit. those are usually about $2500 for a pair.
Hmm. I was under the assumption that they were the same rotors from that kit, its just that the kit itself includes the calipers, pads, lines, etc, thus making it that expensive amd that nessecary for that kind of power.



i think brembo only makes cross drilled rotors and not sloted rotors. those might be brembo blanks that are drilled and sloted.
check tirerack
I checked. Brembo does, indeed, have drilled and/or slotted rotors in their product line. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Brembo's Website
 

·
Threadlocker
Joined
·
7,912 Posts
dela said:
oneeyejack said:
if you want the ones that are used in the turbo cars you will be looking for the brembo big brake kit. those are usually about $2500 for a pair.
Hmm. I was under the assumption that they were the same rotors from that kit, its just that the kit itself includes the calipers, pads, lines, etc, thus making it that expensive amd that nessecary for that kind of power.



i think brembo only makes cross drilled rotors and not sloted rotors. those might be brembo blanks that are drilled and sloted.
check tirerack
I checked. Brembo does, indeed, have drilled and/or slotted rotors in their product line. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Brembo's Website

fyi, they are most likely only brembo blanks that are drilled slotted by whoever bought them. also, the brembo rotors included in a big brake kit are actually larger, and are generally two piece designs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
irv_usc said:
fyi, they are most likely only brembo blanks that are drilled slotted by whoever bought them. also, the brembo rotors included in a big brake kit are actually larger, and are generally two piece designs.
Got it! Now I understand. Well for the money, it still sounds like a good deal. Thanks for the input everyone!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,501 Posts
dela said:
irv_usc said:
fyi, they are most likely only brembo blanks that are drilled slotted by whoever bought them. also, the brembo rotors included in a big brake kit are actually larger, and are generally two piece designs.
Got it! Now I understand. Well for the money, it still sounds like a good deal. Thanks for the input everyone!
Good luck to you.

Powerhouse racing said:
Brembo 332mm (12.9") Front Big Brake Upgrade Kit. Includes two high performance 4 piston aluminum calipers with floating two piece billet rotors. Rotors are only available in for better pad bite. High performance brake pads and stainless steel lines included. This is a custom kit for the IS300, designed to work with the factory master cylinder and 17" wheels. Price: $2,495.00
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Hey dela, so have you bought the rotors yet ? could you PM me if you get them installed, i would really like to hear what you have to say about their performance. I also like the look and i would need to get my calipers painted and it would look amazing i bet :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bloody_finga said:
Hey dela, so have you bought the rotors yet ? could you PM me if you get them installed, i would really like to hear what you have to say about their performance. I also like the look and i would need to get my calipers painted and it would look amazing i bet :)
Haven't bought them yet, but will be doing that next week. I'lll PM you with how well they are...

you can always buy them at: sportbrakes.com
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top