Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 lexus is 300 6000 miles... I'am thinking about selling it and maybe getting a used s2000. I love the lexus and love the s2000. The honda simply has better power and handling. Dont know what to do???

help me!!

jakub

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
Jaylex said:
I have a 2003 lexus is 300 6000 miles... I'am thinking about selling it and maybe getting a used s2000. I love the lexus and love the s2000. The honda simply has better power and handling. Dont know what to do???

help me!!

jakub
keep your lex and buy a used S2k 8)

·
Registered
981 Posts
You just got the IS and you already wanna get rid of it? :roll:

There is no comparison between the IS and the S2000. I have the IS, and my dad drives an S2000, and I drive the S2000 sometimes. The handling is incredible and the pull that you get from it is simply incredible. The only bad this about the S2000 is no trunk space and its a 2 seater, so if you don't care about those things, go for it!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I think you have set a new high for apples and oranges comparisons with this one. Two-seat sports car or luxury/sport sedan, hmmm foie gras or Domino"s pizza...vacation to the Bahamas or hiking in Antartica...ect. Flip a coin and get back to me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
576 Posts
I keep hearing alot of good things about the s2000, but I wasn't impressed after my test drive. I thought it would make a great track car, but it lacks torque for normal driving. With it's 9000 redline, it's power is mostly generated at higher rpms than I normally drive around at. For everyday use, I would rather not have to keep the rpms so high to get good power. I would rather have something with more low end torque. That is why I didn't chose the s2000.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
- I'm in the same situation, 2003 IS with ~8,000 miles and thinking of a s2000... BUT got damn that thing feels tiny... I was very disappointed when I test drove my friend's s2k... but still, they look TIGHT
- Plus, I would lose SO MUCH money on my car... too much money spent on it...

·
Registered
507 Posts
If you have to drive alot don't get the s2k. It's very raw, not much low end torque, etc. After I drive my s2k and sit in the lexus everything feels like butter except the tranny. I haven't felt anything even close to the tranny in the s2k. It's truly amazing. The s2k also gets alot of attention. It sometimes gets to the point where it makes me uncomfortable.

·
Not Officially Back
12,292 Posts
Your insurance is going to be through the roof... insurance companies nail you when you get a 2seat sports car instead of a 4 dr sedan. It might even be DOUBLE if you're very unlucky... best way to find out exact insurance rates is to call your agent and have em run a quote for you.

They are awesome handling cars... incredibly easy to whip the rear end out from under the things esp with a 49/51 weight distribution (back is heavier!)

They do have a lot of high end power but are at a loss for anything off the line or low end.

They are sweeeeet looking... I'd love to have one for sunny weekends to cruise around in. Don't think I could use one as a daily driver though

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey guys whats up......just talked to my insurance agent and she said....(listen to this) that my insurance would be $98 less for 6 months for the (01-03) S2000 then the IS 300. thats freaking amazing!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Jaylex said:
i dont really drive alot...... i'am just really confused.. i want both like rusty... your a lucky man

how much more is the insurance on the s2000 compared to the IS300
Thanks man. Yes life is good now and I'm enjoying it cause you just never know when the sh*t's gonna hit the fan. As for insurance both cars cost me about the same.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
DEFCITYLA said:
IS300 with turbo will smoke an S2000.. Keep the IS300 and buy some mods.
- uh, you can say that with the s2k as well... :roll:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.