Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
NY IS300 said:
you have 19's on your car and you blow out a tire or get a flat or etc.?
pull over, take the flat off and put the spare on....wut kinda question is this? this should be common sense just as if you were riding on a stock tire and had a blow out or flat or etc...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of answer is this?...What if you don't have a 19" spare in your trunk more or less is what I meant then what do you do there smart guy.... :crazy:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Put your 17 inch spare on.....I had 18's and i had a flat....and i rode on my 17' inch spare until 2 days until i got a new 18 inch tire

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really?...You can put the 17" spare on and drive with no problems...Does that do any damage to the car?....

·
Registered
491 Posts
I dont think it will do any damage, it should be fine just to get your ass home and fix, I myself would'nt leave the spare on more than a week unless i had to.

·
Registered
145 Posts
the overall diameter of the tire in question is the only issue ... your spare has a 25" diameter and a 235/35-19 has a 25.2" diameter .... only a minor difference it works fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
NY IS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing