Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Mr. Roo
9,449 Posts
I hope everyone was able to have a good holiday!

I got my garden finished finally. I might take a break and work on the car this week, then my brother gets married next weekend. So last pics for a while.

First thing was to finish cutting blocks for the final top wall layer. Once they were all cut, I carefully glued them all down (including the straight wall section that was done long ago)

Then I finished putting dirt and mulch behind the wall. Washed it off, and it was finished!

With the pond mostly empty at this point, I vacuumed out the remaining water and dirt to start fresh. Ended up washing the other bag of rocks and spreading them along the bottom of the liner. Put all the pumps and things in place, then filled it up again.

With the water flowing smoothly, it was time to plant the lower section. Took a while because the red grasses were in huge pots lol. But it is finished, finally finished. The plants make the pond look even bigger, but I think it came out amazing. I like how the red grasses hide the sides of the wall. Cleaned up everything and put all the tools away to mark the completion of another project!

Now to do the other side :lol:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
So today was an aaaaaaawesome day at work and I just want to share a little bit.
Today at work we had an International Festival, there were 10 countries represented: Brazil, Cambodia, Vietnam, Scotland, Italy, Philippines, India, Iran, US(Texas Barbecue), and Mexico.
Here the event was nearly starting, not all employees were outside.

Each country had their traditional dishes and some traditional drinks(alcohol) lol. Also some of the countries represented had performances too:
Iran: Belly dancer

Brazil: Samba Live Music/dancers

One of the dancers pull me to dance lol...:blush:;)

Mexico: Mariachi

Inda: They just put music and everyone danced, honestly their music was really good(this is coming from someone that likes to dance=me)

Scotland: They just sang on their weird accent.. lol

Man at the end of the day I was really tired, I danced in all performances even with the belly dancer, but my favorite was when the mariachi was playing(of course I'm Mexican lol).I also tried a little of bit of food from all countries, don't know why but the Indian food was my favorite!. Also drank 3 Micheladas that Mexico was making and 2 shots of who knows what in Scotland. Best day at work!!!! lol :bigSmile:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Yeah bro its awesome how my company does this events for employees, really, they take care of us really good. It really motivates, well at least me, to work hard and it makes me wanting to come to work. Remember the award and bonus I got last month? Well the bonus came out to be a $500 bonus :):bigSmile: Totally love my job lol

·
Cherisher
4,831 Posts
Speaking of work, found a fun ABS problem today :)
Improperly installed wheel seal, minimal grease and a huge amount of bearing play.

.001 -.005 is acceptable wheel end play. This thing measured .022
The bearings and races were badly pitted.
The ABS sensor was so far from the tone ring, it was only measuring .07 mVAC @ 2 second revolutions. Should read 2 mVAC

Also had 4 major wrecks towed in. Sigh. Here's one:

·
Cherisher
4,831 Posts
Another wreck today! Lucky me. This is what happens when you don't install the hub correctly... little more than an ABS problem on this one :lol:

·
Technical Poseur
23,314 Posts
I drank from 6:30 AM until about 5 pm. Minimum of one drink an hour....fuck that was a long day. Hey I'm up at 6 am now with no hangover!

·
Cherisher
4,831 Posts
My customer sent some corporate guys to visit my shop today. Yay. They assigned me the task of creating a "National Repair Guideline" - Great. Didn't see that coming... They only have 60+ other contracted shops across America. According to them, no one else knows their ass from a hole in the ground.

I'm having some 90 Minute IPA's because WTF just happened?!

·
Cherisher
4,831 Posts
I'm sorry for blowing this thread up but, today, had to figure out how this thing works, so I took it apart :lol:

^ That thing (when assembled) automatically adjusts brakes to compensate for normal wear.

Found out the new automatic adjusters have less tolerance than their superseded counterparts causing brakes to get so hot they melt wheel sensors, burst tires and even result in vehicle fire and total loss.

Apparently, my current unofficial new job is to solve this :lol:

p.s.: 8 new wrecks came in over the weekend :approve:

·
Mr. Roo
9,449 Posts
I guess I can post in here too

I haven't stopped working on the gardens outside. It's kind of addicting, plus I really need the physical exercise to stay sane as it gets colder and darker lol.

I haven't really been taking pics, because work is really slow. Made some progress this week though.

(old pic)
Gluing Edgers In Place by gold94corolla, on Flickr

You can see the one end of the garden up there, well that's all in place now. Continuing towards the corner, it's just a matter of getting things level and adding layers of wall block to match the ground contours, and then backfilling with top soil to raise the garden bed.

It was interesting to get the straight wall to merge with the curve wall, but with enough cutting and gluing, everything fit together. Original rose bush was removed and replaced with another one just so that it could be raised up lol

Fitting wall elements together by gold94corolla, on Flickr

We got our first snow today... the last time I remember getting significant snow in November was in elementary school lol.

First Snow by gold94corolla, on Flickr

First snow by gold94corolla, on Flickr

But I had no problems with traction lol..... brought home yet another delivery of blocks and dirt.

6 bags of dirt and 20 wall blocks by gold94corolla, on Flickr

Ripped out more plants and started working the wall around the rest of the curves.

Continuing wall by gold94corolla, on Flickr

The final design will be 3 tiers, but I'll wait to explain it with pics when I get there lol

·
Mr. Roo
9,449 Posts
Thanks!

Got some LED Christmas lights last year for 75% off, wiped out a few Walmarts lol

Took forever to open them. 3360 lights, these use 20% the power of the old ones

Put them all up today, it was nice and warm. Had trouble finding places for them all lol, basically just ended up coating the garden with them, and when that didn't use up all the lights, went over the top of the house.

I love them. Hopefully, I'll be able to make good this year with a whole bunch more!

41 - 60 of 64 Posts