Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since there is a thread on "What did you do today to you IS?", I figured why not start a thread of just what did you do today? to see what other IS owners do on their free time other than working in their car. Share some pictures of the any events, meets, vacation, etc.

Cruise around San Francisco, CA

Golden Gate Bridge

Alcatraz

Bay Bridge

Night at Pier 39

This stairs actually have piano key sounds when you step on them

This guy doing art with pray paint..

Fish tank on this store I can recall its name..

This little guy caught my attention

At San Francisco's Wax Museum

View of the Bay Bridge

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
^^that was yesterday

Today I came to a 49ers game in their new Levi's Stadium. The stadium is at a 25min drive from my house lol

The IS, I wanted to take a picture showing the new stadium but the stadium parking lot was full....

Me at the game

Game about to start

·
Mr. Roo
9,583 Posts
I made one post the other day that revealed that I'm spending all of my free time on redoing my front garden (sorry car), well I can post about it here lol

Today I built the pond!

Got the liner from Ebay yesterday:

7x10' Pond Liner by gold94corolla, on Flickr

Laid the bricks all 100% level around the back and front, then dug a perfectly even hole 18" deep in the middle

(crooked pic that was supposed to show how level it was lol)

Pond liner installed! It's pretty easy, just set it in the hole and fill it with water. The water forces the liner against the dirt and you can smooth out the wrinkles as it fills. Then, cut the extra liner off around the edge. The front edge tucks in and under the bricks, the back layer is going to be sandwiched and glued into the retaining wall.

[

I trimmed the liner like that so that the glue would touch both the liner and the blocks underneath.

Ran the pumps and wires through the access port in the back, then put down glue

Pumps, Light, Glue Added by gold94corolla, on Flickr

Added the wood posts and next layer off blocks

Glued In Place by gold94corolla, on Flickr

Glue will set overnight. Then I'll be able to add two more rows of blocks and backfill the wood posts to hide the bricks.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great thread! + rep Your first post is epic, so many iconic views there, I'm jealous. Lots of red in the second post lol
Oh yes, too bad I could take picture at the embarcadero during the day, there would have been soooo much more to share. I was on that cruise around the bay:)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made one post the other day that revealed that I'm spending all of my free time on redoing my front garden (sorry car), well I can post about it here lol

Today I built the pond!
A pond, nice! I've always like those gardens with a pond and a water fountain lol:bigSmile:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Nothing too laborious, but monotonous and slow-going: fixing the system I use as a gateway to my home network from the Internet.

·
Registered
675 Posts
^^^ You have cables coming out from the DVI to the board?????
Normally there's a cable like this that I can use (I can't find mine), rather than the bare wire hack job I rigged up:

The red board is actually a fully functional computer; not dissimilar to the hardware in modern cell phones and tablets. The laptop is... a laptop. The board is connected to the laptop via USB, which allows me to connect the board to the home network. The board is also connected to the laptop via a serial port. Before I can setup the networking software on the board, I need to be able to "login" to the board. The easiest way to do this is via the "serial console" that the board provides (via it's serial port); I login via this serial port (username/password), and then I have full access to the system. I can then configure the network on the board, which allows me to access the board over the network (which is much more friendly than the serial console!).

This little computer has been collecting dust for a year or so since I first set it up for this task; something broke (the wireless card: network, which is the only way into the system other than the serial console) so I have to use the serial console to fix it. In the end, it doesn't need connected to anything but power to do it's job. Efficient, small, portable, cheap. But a pain in the ass to get setup compared to some alternatives (also a lot easier compared to other alternatives...).

:cool:

·
Registered
675 Posts
The ghetto rig is what I did that day in order to actually fix the damn thing, lol. Normally I use this handy dandy cable meant just for the job, but I lost mine. Once it's fixed, there is no need for any of those cables, just the low power DC connector.

And now, I'm back at it. I should just throw this old thing away and buy something newer: they have better support (which means better tools (software) so I don't have to do this)! And they're smaller, cheaper, faster, efficienter :)suspiciou). Portabler. :pissed:

:)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts