Lexus IS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 2012 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts

installed DEI 504D Shock Sensor last night. Warn away function makes the alarm go off right now.. will have to wire this into the horn later. This gives me a little bit more of peace of mind now at least.

Btw, jason i looked into the DRL switch - the wires from the resistor in the engine bay go only as far as the passenger fuse panel? so i'd have to wire a button to the driver's side?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Got some new supplies in :)

·
Registered
838 Posts
awesome, pics!? let us know how you like it. also are you doing the install yourself or having dealer/shop do it?

one of my buddies who works for a dealer is doing it for me on the third of next month.. unfortunatly my origonal clutch gave out totally today so i'll be car pooling to work with my gf all next week.

I'll see if i can get in there to snap some pics and ill give some feedback once i drive it. cant wait!

·
Registered
838 Posts
ordered the 2012 NAVI disc today.. got it off of ioffer(dotcom) for $56 shipped. I'll post up to make sure everything is all good with it. If anyone is looking for a cheap cd that would be the place to get it since the dealer wants $150.

·
Registered
378 Posts
i restored my headlights and fog lights today, ordered some yellow film for the fogs and clear for the heads and the headlights are getting black housed next weekend.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Not sure what you mean, the IS is my DD, and it does not burn oil. I've only put 8,000 miles on it though in the 1.5 years (I bike a lot).
oh wow... haha i guess i'm just used to driving so much that that seems like so little. damn you're lucky. i've driven about 20,000 miles already.. will be 1 year in about 2 weeks. i do have a 40 mi round-trip commute to work tho.

·
Registered
838 Posts
NA supra clutch parts delivered! going in this saturday, looks like i'll be touring the city all wknd breaking it in. :)

2012-10-30 18.55.05.jpg

BTW, the NAVI CD that i got off of ioffer works and loaded without an issue.. $56, free ship!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Put two clips in the fender liner, ordered parts for my exhaust, and drove it around looking at the flooded reservoir.

·
Formerly known as 01WaIS
635 Posts
141 - 160 of 2012 Posts