Lexus IS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 2012 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Today I purchased my Tokico Illumina's and eibach pro kit springs and can't wait to get them. Also I got two new tires for the rear Hankook V12's whatwhatttt haha changed my oil a little earlier this week and have a figs hood prop kit that might reach my doorstep by tomorrow. A pretty big and good week for my car =)

·
Registered
772 Posts
got the calipers painted blue (didnt want to go with the cliche red)

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Oil change today because the oil is 13 months old. It only had about 175 miles on it and looked like what i put in. But we can't see the addictives breaking down and oil characteristics unless i send it Blackstone, which i might. It would be interesting to see what the oil reads because it has so few miles on it. Manufacturers recommend 1 yr on synthetics though *sigh*

And not a drop spilled during the change. lol

yes i know it takes 5.4L with a filter. I have other synthetics which are all pretty much compatible. These jugs are on sale for $29.99 at Advance Auto Parts:)

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
175 miles? what do you DD? i drive twice that amount in a week x.x

+1 on K&N. Fram scares me for some reason.. i think the only thing i ever bought by them was the cabin filter replacement.. and only because there was no other option to choose from.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
175 miles? what do you DD? i drive twice that amount in a week x.x

+1 on K&N. Fram scares me for some reason.. i think the only thing i ever bought by them was the cabin filter replacement.. and only because there was no other option to choose from.
Yea man, 175 miles in 13 months(2012 was least i drove it). It just crossed 52k and I'm original owner. I DD'd it one year and the rest of the years i take it out 3-4 times a month but locally. The oil was still a bright amber, sucks it loses characteristics over time.

And the Fram went on, I'm not really worried about it after looking around. Sure as hell ain't going to lose sleep over it. I think it will be fine but damn, i should have got what i normally get. The clown working insisted it was better and right then i knew to not ask him anything.

I Btw, I DD an '09 Impala LT. It's ok and certainly doesn't compare to the Lex, but does is a fairly decent car for a GM.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Yea man, 175 miles in 13 months(2012 was least i drove it). It just crossed 52k and I'm original owner. I DD'd it one year and the rest of the years i take it out 3-4 times a month but locally. The oil was still a bright amber, sucks it loses characteristics over time.

And the Fram went on, I'm not really worried about it after looking around. Sure as hell ain't going to lose sleep over it. I think it will be fine but damn, i should have got what i normally get. The clown working insisted it was better and right then i knew to not ask him anything.
what do you DD now? and he probably insisted on it because it's been collecting dust on the shelves for too long.. :lol:

an impala... ... i certianly did not expect that. hahahah. sorry that car just makes me rage because whenever i see ppl red out their tails it looks like the impala's lol.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
what do you DD now? and he probably insisted on it because it's been collecting dust on the shelves for too long.. :lol:
Woops, i did a ninja edit on ya. Ya the Impala takes me the 20 min route to work and gym, it's held up ok. Surprisingly that was the last model of Fram filters, and figured I'd give it a shot. It's sure as heck better than the Purolator Classics. The PureONE Purolator is a very good filter but they are obviously more.

You're right about the tails haha. I can't complain, since i needed a family car a three years ago when my boy was born.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Why not daily the IS300 Jason?
I was thinking about doing that and getting rid of the Impala, now that it is pretty much back to stock. I still want to get a used F this year and was considering using it in as a trade in. I know the IS300 would be a great DD, just not sure what direction i'm taking yet.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
only thing I have against the ISF is that it doesn't come in manual... :(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

101 - 120 of 2012 Posts