Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 2012 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did a couple things today:

Changed out the rear diff fluid, it didn't really need it seeing as how it was a tad over 15k since I last changed it. But I wanted to make sure the diff was cleaned out for the most part since the last owner never changed out the fluid because it came out dark black and there were small bits of metal shavings on the magnet.

Changed out the auto transmission fluid for the second time, it was still pretty bad. I need to probably change it out in another 15-20k.

My friend and I also took the stock suspension off (it was at 173k) and replaced them with Tokico HP Blues and Tein H-Techs. The IS looks a lot better now! Though it looks like the rear is sitting a bit lower than the front, it still looks good.

Also, I finally got all my interior lights to work.. that was a chore.

Next on my list is replacing my antenna.. (mast?) the thing that holds the antenna on. My antenna decided to snap off and break inside the mast and I've tried to use a tap and die set and extractor and all I'm doing now is probably just messing up the threading.

Also I'm looking at a exhaust for the car too, but I'm not sure what I would want to go with. Maybe just a Megan Axle Back? I'm looking for just a little more sound, but not too mind numbing.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I didn't technically do much (other than order), but when I return fron Germany...

Sparco Assetto Gara in Bronze with new tires, Joe-Z intake and HKS filter, and the new cabin filter will finally go in. Wife took it yesterday to get tinted, it'll be getting a bath and oil change too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just a few small updates.

I finally got the new antenna mast and antenna installed and I also bought a HKS Hi Power muffler and had a axle back custom fabricated for it. I like it but I would still like to get a Megan OE RS axle back, so if anyone is interested in a trade, I'd gladly do it! :D

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Over weekend when I had time finally installed injectors, sc300 fuel rail and fpr, return fuel line, walbro 255, colder spark plugs and a fic with pnp harness.

A few weeks ago i did the blower and fmic install now if I could only get the newer fic software workin on my computer still awaiting my approval to aem forums so I can post there

·
Registered
278 Posts
I didn't technically do much (other than order), but when I return fron Germany...

Sparco Assetto Gara in Bronze with new tires, Joe-Z intake and HKS filter, and the new cabin filter will finally go in. Wife took it yesterday to get tinted, it'll be getting a bath and oil change too.
All achieved... plus replacing the freaking inline fuse for the amplifiers. Popped an 80A in under one week (effectively).

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Car wash. Acquiring supplies to change brake fluid--Motul RBF600, Russell Speed Bleeders.

·
Registered
554 Posts
ordered a lot of parts: Elixir wing, trd front lip, trd side skirts, jdm black housing tail lights, jdm smoke fender lights, power folding mirrors, gps housing, and advance key push start with power window option. I have a sportcross btw... Then I drove it to work. :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
cleaned the FILTH that was my air box, vacuumed the whole interior, polished the dash, conditioned the leather......Sunday is wash/wax day! :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Coilovers, tires and wheels on order....hope i can throw it all on this weekend. Got a new belt and rear brake pads too. Probably flush brake fluid while i'm at it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Having my timing belt kit put in, alightment, change rear diff fluids, set of bridgestone 970as, new headlights, replace lca #2, ordered rigid bars,02 arm rest, 03 oem radio. Thinking about getting some coilsovers!!!

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Well......BIG day for the car.

FIGS sway end links on the way. Front and rear.

OZ Ultraleggera wheels on the way. 17/8/+48. Don't hate--wanted lightweight performance. Kumho Ecsta 4X KU22 shoes. 245/40/17. Thought I would try this size in anticipation of summer tires same size.

Giving my current Pirelli P Zero Nero AS 225/45/17 to my son for his BMW E36; his are bald, we're heading into winter here.

61 - 80 of 2012 Posts