Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2012 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
i'd like to take care of my trans filter but the DIY shops near me aren't open today. Was stoked to find that carquest carries Toyota fluids last week to include coolant. Guess i'll order my timing belt kit and find a cabin air filter.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Washed and polished, applied yellow film to fog lamps. Next up = glossy black Sparco Asetta Gara wheels!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I got the Nokya Artic White's and really love em. I like how these bulbs cast a shadow of yellow or blue(depending on which one), when they are off. I need to do the same about my city lights, the regular stock filament ones just don't cut it.
Yeah I love the look. I tried getting Raybrigs for city lights in yellow but they are discontinued. So I got PIAA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Replaced the traction control button light, hazard light, ash tray light, and shifter illumination panel light. I just ordered the cigarette and pwr/snow button lights too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
it was more of this last weekend, but... took headlights and fogs out. took them apart completely, painted the insides flat black, removed the factory ballasts, sanded the yellow off the fog projector lenses, and installed 55w 5,000k HIDs from DDM in the lows and fogs. packed ballasts in where the factory ones were, soldered, heat shrink, the whole 9 yards. sanded and polished all the lenses. resealed and lookin sexy now. only took 2 days. :S

·
Registered
29 Posts
I tries getting rid of that gurgling sound coming from my glove box and was unsuccessful =\
gurgling? or water rushing? sounds like you might have an air pocket in your coolant lines. thats what mine is. coolant was leaking out from my bypass hose, letting air in... part was $19 from lexus, + 2 gal of coolant from TOYOTA ($20 cheaper than lexus, same exact stuff). $21 each.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
gurgling? or water rushing? sounds like you might have an air pocket in your coolant lines. thats what mine is. coolant was leaking out from my bypass hose, letting air in... part was $19 from lexus, + 2 gal of coolant from TOYOTA ($20 cheaper than lexus, same exact stuff). $21 each.
Agreed.

I tries getting rid of that gurgling sound coming from my glove box and was unsuccessful =\
You can't let it go, it's rather important you get the air out to avoid core damage. The normal technique didn't help me either, that's why i use the funnel method or you can drain some via rad drain, both techniques with the rad cap off. Make sure to use the coolant that's in the car. This goes into it further...
http://my.is/forums/f87/infamous-gurgling-behind-c-need-help-plz-415033/

·
Registered
838 Posts
93 octaine (usually 89)
changed eng, trans & rear end oil
washed/quick wax, Vac, cleaned glass
leather treatment
cleaned/oiled air filter
new MAF
cabin filter

that was all last wknd... gotta start early!

coming from a 98 240sx... i love this car! been washing it twice a week until i get the garage cleared out.. an EFFING CAT crawled all over it leaving sticky fur and sand. Ill murder that thing if i see it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
installed header and cam gear. now i have an exhaust leak. now i gotta get new gaskets and cross my fingers hoping that it fixes it. sounds nice though.

·
Registered
378 Posts
swaped my oe muffler back on the car with the res pipe from the cheap exhaust... waiting for end of month to order megan axle back

·
Registered
471 Posts
Cleaned the dash made it shine with protectant and bought a Megan y pipe. Can't wait to hear the new growl.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Checked on the delivery status of the cams I bought. And about to wash it here in a few minutes :)

21 - 40 of 2012 Posts