Lexus IS Forum banner

What color to get?

1K views 35 replies 25 participants last post by  accelr8 
#1 ·
yeah I nknow it is MY choice..but just to hear some opinions...

should it be the Spectra Blue or Graphite Gray?

The blue looks nice and turns heads, but the Gray has a sort of sedate coolness to it.

It will definately be getting 35% tint all around, and new wheels in the summer....

What about the green? I have NOT seen one in person yet...

C

#4 ·
I have the SBM and Love the Looks it gets...But if you are going to get tint i would get the Graphite grey....MY brother has a GS400 SBM with tint and he regrets ever getting tint on that color... Tint Takes away from the tan and blue contrast you get when the windows arent tinted...Tint Graphite grey ...NO tint SBM but this is just my opinion.....

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS 17" wheels

#6 ·
I would get Blue over Gray or Green. I did not like the only green I saw, but it may be due to the fact that he had the 16" wheels also. The car looked plain. Like you said, gray is sedate, but it also looks clean even when very dirty. Blue is very nice, but hard to keep clean. Of the colors you mentioned, I would go with Blue.
For my car, I was between the Blue and White. I went with White. I love white, but the blue still looks good to me.
Let me ask you this, why are you switching from an A4 to the IS? It was a hard choice for me what to get. I got the IS because it was cheaper (I would have only goten the 2.8 with the sport package, leather...), It was a 2001 model, and it was different. I saw too many BMW's and A4's on the road and wanted to be different.

#8 ·
My first choice would be the Auburn Sky (I just love red), but in your case I'd go with SBM. Very nice deep shine...

My local dealer had an Auburn on the lot with tan interior, and it looked so beautiful, IMO.

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited December 05, 2000).]

#9 ·
Croddy,
first of all...I was born and lived in Stamford Connecticut!!

Cool.

Secondly, I had the A4 1.8T (better handling and faster than the 2.8 IMHO) when it was still fresh. I LOVE the audi...it is amazing how netruel the car handles when tuned properly. The car blew away tons of people at Summit...i was able to hang with a Vette!

BUT>..I HATE, Despise the dealers and the entire AoA attitude towards owners. Also, I had my fun with the car. I wanted to try something else...the Lexus sparked my Interest...there is allot of aftermarket support coming for it.

simple. My friends think I', a SOB..they are just jealous:)

Ciccone

#10 ·
Ciccone-was your A4 a stick? My old car was a stick (240SX). I am sort of kicking myself because 1) I should have waited for a stick. I miss the gears and e-shift is not the same 2) I should have kept my 240sx for the little $ they gave me and turned it into a track car.

#11 ·
Chris:

Blue: for show and if you are not ticked to easily by swirl marks, keeping it immaculately clean, etc.

Grey: longevity - even after 10 years, you retain the "status" of the color - plus when its dirty, the color does not give it away.

I cant tint my Silver Millenium - I have to "show" my boost gauges...

#13 ·
I got the SBM with ivory interior because that looked best to me. You gotta go with what you like though. I totally agree that you should NOT tint an SBM! Blue is not as bad as black, but dust shows up pretty easily nonetheless, as do scratches. I don't mind keeping it clean, but it's a bunch of work...

I was totally turned off by the green, and the Auburn Sky (dark red) left me underwhelmed. But I have to admit that the rarity of that color, especially combined with an ivory interior and NO tint would look mighty fine!

#14 ·
I looked at a green one. I thought the color was a bit dark for my taste...even though a green car was in my plans. I bought a blue one. I've seen a 2 grey and 3 white ones around...but none of the other colors. (I saw them on the lot and I KNOW the dealer sold some, but I haven't seen them on the road.) I know I'll put in more time and money keeping the finish nice (I just got the clear coat put on it last week)...but it sure is nice looking!

#22 ·
To be honest with you, I've seen them all and haven't seen one yet I just didn't like. The Green was o'kay but it was too dark of a shade for me. The Gray was cool but it didn't give me that oooh sh-t feeling. Then I saw a white one and a black one with the chrome wheels, I was sure I would get one of the two but I didn't want the cleaning headache of chrome wheels. Then a salesman came up with the silver one with the optional darker finished rims that seem to match the car. I can't think of what they're called right now. The deep wet look of that color won me over. I think I came at that moment. (ha!ha!ha!) Just kidding. Really you can't go wrong with any of them.

------------------

#23 ·
I went with the Graphite and I get lots of looks and complements. I lightly tinted the windows so it looks smokey and classy. I have the regular silver wheels though I wish I had the graphite polished ones. The car is easier to take care of than black but shows more dirt than silver.
Silver was my first choice but I had just gotten rid of a silver 4Runner so I thought that the Graphite was a nice change.
Plus it does not show swirl marks as bad as black.

#25 ·
The wife originally wanted white exterior w/black leather interior (too plain). We got the Imperial Jade w/tan leather.

Very low-key color combo and very establishment. This car makes enough of a statement simply by its design.

Don't cut corners on the wheels, get the 17s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.