Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What color locktite did you guys use on your swaybar bolts. I am tired of them coming loose.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is300sam2002 said:
My maintenance buddies at the plant keep me supplied. :)
Did you still torque the bolts to spec of a bit tighter? I have had to over-torque the screws to keep them from coming out, but I think that must affect the sways since the bushing ends up tighter on the sway.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Wxman said:
is300sam2002 said:
My maintenance buddies at the plant keep me supplied. :)
Did you still torque the bolts to spec of a bit tighter? I have had to over-torque the screws to keep them from coming out, but I think that must affect the sways since the bushing ends up tighter on the sway.
Spec torque should be OK. I don't think they'll back out with the loctite there.

I use it on some pretty powerful guns and the scope mount screws stay put.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Go with blue, and don't overtorque. If you're going to use the existing hardware, be sure to clean up the threads before you lay on the LocTite.

·
Registered
946 Posts
The sway bolts that came loose on mine were the ones that hold the brackets to the car. I can't even get a torque wrench in there. Loctite took care of that.

·
Registered
946 Posts
rseifer said:
Go with blue, and don't overtorque. If you're going to use the existing hardware, be sure to clean up the threads before you lay on the LocTite.
That's good advice. Cleaning parts, especially threads is important in any reassembly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts