Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking bout getting the plp charger, but I was wodering if my tranny will hold up ? is there anything else I have to watch out for also ?

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
handy-man said:
I was thinking bout getting the plp charger, but I was wodering if my tranny will hold up ? is there anything else I have to watch out for also ?

Thanks, Mike
It will hold up to 330-360 then again - your milage may vary...some people had problems stock, some were fine. Wxman is pushing over 500 on his and he's fine.

Some thing it's a clutch related issue as well as the tranny.

If you worried - you can swap the tranny to W58 fairly easily (they are cheap to get too)

·
Mr. Negative
11,977 Posts
quit saying that. damn. that's his race gas number. He's running 420 or something daily, if he's running 14psi all the time. I'd guess he probably backs it off a little just to be nice on the engine like most people and then cranks it to 14-15 or so when he wants to have fun.
goldark said:
Wxman is pushing over 500 on his and he's fine.
although debatable, it's a power thing w/ the tranny. It just can't take it and the W58 is a bandaid solution at best. Just postponing having to buy a r154 or v160.
Same thing it's a clutch related issue as well as the tranny.

If you worried - you can swap the tranny to W58 fairly easily (they are cheap to get too)
no offense intended goldark- I've just seen that said about Wxman's car more than once.

btw: marc you know I like you're car I just don't want people to think they're fine on 5hundo daily.. know what I'm sayin' ;)

·
Mr. Negative
11,977 Posts
you should be OK w/ the tranny. A s/c is going to be a little easier on a tranny than a turbo. It's linear and has a little less torque so it should be fine.

handy-man said:

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
IS_Dude said:
quit saying that. damn. that's his race gas number. He's running 420 or something daily, if he's running 14psi all the time. I'd guess he probably backs it off a little just to be nice on the engine like most people and then cranks it to 14-15 or so when he wants to have fun.
goldark said:
Wxman is pushing over 500 on his and he's fine.
although debatable, it's a power thing w/ the tranny. It just can't take it and the W58 is a bandaid solution at best. Just postponing having to buy a r154 or v160.
Same thing it's a clutch related issue as well as the tranny.

no offense intended goldark- I've just seen that said about Wxman's car more than once.

btw: marc you know I like you're car I just don't want people to think they're fine on 5hundo daily.. know what I'm sayin' ;)
lol, well said my friend. I am running about 1 bar daily (14 psi). On my setup, that equates to around 450 rwhp or so with comparable torque. I still think the clutch is key and how you drive the car.

·
Registered
825 Posts
IS3FINALLYmd said:
should be fine jus upgrade your clutch, and prey you dont get a terrible boost bug.
when i talked to mike, he said you dont need anything

stock clutch is fine. and tranny will hold up

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I have that PLP S/c will my car spin in second ? DOes anybody have a video with the charger ? I want to know what it will sound like. im new to this !

-Mike

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
handy-man said:
If I have that PLP S/c will my car spin in second ? DOes anybody have a video with the charger ? I want to know what it will sound like. im new to this !

-Mike
my car spins in 2nd :x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.