Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think someone keyed my car :pissed: it's a small scratch is there anything i can do to cover it up good?like the stuff on tv commercials?i heard the touch up paint sux

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Well I'd try a little wax first. If you can find some of the color-match wax that might work even a little better. If it's deep, try taking it to a full-service car wash / detail shop... they might have something really good that they could try and touch it up with.

Every time I try and use a compound or "scratch out" bottle of stuff, I always get some swirl marks, no matter how gentle and careful I am.

I've been to a Ziebart Tidy Car here in Ohio. They have franchises all over the place, maybe near you. They do sealants and paint work.

·
Registered
670 Posts
lexluger180 said:
i think someone keyed my car :pissed: it's a small scratch is there anything i can do to cover it up good?like the stuff on tv commercials?i heard the touch up paint sux
Use a very good compound..... go to your dealer or reputable bodyshop and ask for a little compound.... they will give it to you....

if not, go to auto parts store, and buy the compund.... make sure you wash the scratched area real clean and dry it.... then apply compound.... and wax it....

I would give you my compund, but you are little far away bro.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.