Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up my IS today and I was wondering what blank CD-R's do you use for your burned CD's. I heard some brands are better than others, is this true?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm interested too. Right now I use some generic ones from Office Max called Prime Peripherals. I had to slow my burns down from 12x to 8x to avoid skipping in the IS cd player.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So those PNY's don't skip or anything and the IS stereo head unit can read all the .wav files correctly?

If so then best buy here I come.
Any other good brands out there other PNY have you used?
Thanks...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
i had no problems with Verbatim either.. and they come in 5 different colors and slim cases with matching colors

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've been using a 50 pack I got for free from Office Depot. Burn from 8x - 12x and haven't had a problem. They were $30 with an instant $10 rebate and a $20 mail-in rebate....hence free! Keep your eyes open they do it every now and again.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
bulk 100 cd's, no cover or logo's of any sort.
i burn @ 16x, no problemo......
BUT, if i scratch the top part, i peel off the cd's reading part.(im screwed in that case)
everything works on IS' CD, IMO...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any major brand works great, just don't buy the cheap no-names you find at the computer shows. Also, don't put labels on them, the manufactures have found that the heat in the cd players will cause the lable to peel up and jam. - no warranty coverage.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
by the way, sticking something on the surface of the CD is just dumb.. you are supposed to write it on.. label and stuff will make the CD spin unevenly causing it to skip or not even read.. unless the weight of the sticker is evenly distributed on the surface of the CD.. but then problem LVmotorsports have pointed out could occur..
so bottom line,
buy brand name CD-Rs for best results and don't stick anything on it!!
then the car stereo will like it

·
Registered
631 Posts
by the way, sticking something on the surface of the CD is just dumb.. you are supposed to write it on.. label and stuff will make the CD spin unevenly causing it to skip or not even read.. unless the weight of the sticker is evenly distributed on the surface of the CD.. but then problem LVmotorsports have pointed out could occur..
Precisely why I use inkjet printable surface blanks. Then again, most people don't have CD printers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you write on them is is much easier (lazy) also. Office Depot is the best place I've found so far for CDs. They always have some kind of sale. The only problem with writing on them is you don't know what you have on the CD. BUT if you are like me you have it on your computer anyway

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've had no problems with Maxell w/labels in my changer. It also plays MP3 files that I have downloaded from Kazaa.com with no problems. The only thing I've noticed with the MP3's is that they don't have the same sound quality as CD files. They are too bright and tinny with the dome tweeters. I usually have to turn the treble down on the deck to compensate.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Taiyu Yuden. Awsome especially for audio cd's. Been using them since I switched from your mainstream brands ie Verbatim, Maxell, Sony, etc. No problems at all.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
18 Participants
luvmyride
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing