Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Commander In Beef
Joined
·
25,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any favorite Thanksgiving dishes, besides "everything" (because that's my personal fav. dish :wink: )

Here's one....

My aunt had made sweet potatoes last year and covered the top with marshmallows. I was like "WFT is THIS?" but once I tried it, I was hooked :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,381 Posts
well for the holidays I make mashed potatoes with cream instead of skim milk - you put some nice gravy on top of that and you practically go into cardiac arrest - that is the sort of thing that makes this holiday


otherwise, it's really the whole menu and the leftovers. Pie for breakfast on friday. Sandwiches all weekend. I cook like crazy today and tomorrow, but then I'm off the hook for several. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,741 Posts
Out of all the elaborate dishes that are made and have come across my plate through out my life, I can't get enough of Stove Top stuffing and cranberry jelly from the can. It's not Thanksgiving with out those two things on my plate :lol: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,481 Posts
Cranberry doesn't really fit in with the rest of the food, don't you think? It just tastes funny. I just put gravy over everything.
 

·
Commander In Beef
Joined
·
25,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PMD911 said:
Cranberry doesn't really fit in with the rest of the food, don't you think? It just tastes funny. I just put gravy over everything.
WORD. Cranberry is odd stuff. I still eat it though. Never mix it with anything, I just keep it separate :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,481 Posts
Truckzilla said:
Turkey Terrific- bread, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce & mayo. (try it, you'll never eat anything afterwards)
Because you'll be puking your brains out. Mayo?!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,808 Posts
I like the part where you look around in the yard for all the colorfull eggs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,808 Posts
PMD911 said:
DJPoop said:
I like the part where you look around in the yard for all the colorfull eggs.
Columbus Day?
Is that what it is? Shit, wrong holiday....nevermind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,741 Posts
PMD911 said:
Cranberry doesn't really fit in with the rest of the food, don't you think? It just tastes funny. I just put gravy over everything.
Well I also mix the cranberry with yellow rice, which is basically rice flavored with saffron and some chicked broth. The sweet/tangy flavor of the jelly compliments the rice and the turkey. I use a lot of gravy on the turkey because I don't really care much for the flavor of turkey meat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,808 Posts
Sanctuary said:
The sweet/tangy flavor of the jelly compliments the rice and the turkey.
Now your starting to sound like your one of the judges on Iron Chef.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,741 Posts
DJPoop said:
Sanctuary said:
The sweet/tangy flavor of the jelly compliments the rice and the turkey.
Now your starting to sound like your one of the judges on Iron Chef.
"The blood from the eel's liver is served better when raw and poured over the rice. Buuuuut I like the way you cooked it with the goat urine, it makes my mouth sing."

--Any judge on the show
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,779 Posts
Sanctuary said:
DJPoop said:
Sanctuary said:
The sweet/tangy flavor of the jelly compliments the rice and the turkey.
Now your starting to sound like your one of the judges on Iron Chef.
"The blood from the eel's liver is served better when raw and poured over the rice. Buuuuut I like the way you cooked it with the goat urine, it makes my mouth sing."

--Any judge on the show
Cuisan!!!
-Yes
They are now boiling water... :eek:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
8 Participants
DJPoop
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing
Top