Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of us are passionate about something, our lives, our lovers, work, climbing rocks, grabbing air on a mtn/motocross bike, playing an instrument.

I dig riding motorcycles and playing guitar. I try to ride every week and play 4-5 days out of the week. Outside of family. I find it truly fulfilling to try and push yourself physically and mentally to master your passion. What do you guys do.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
The problem for me, in terms of time, health, and finances is that i'm honestly passionate about multiple things. Stuff I devote way too much time towards simply to be better, because i enjoy it, because i need to do it.

I could never "Rank" them as I'm passionate about all of them... they all share a seat in the top rankning.

Rock climbing, skiing, mt. biking, rugby

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
The problem for me, in terms of time, health, and finances is that i'm honestly passionate about multiple things. Stuff I devote way too much time towards simply to be better, because i enjoy it, because i need to do it.

I could never "Rank" them as I'm passionate about all of them... they all share a seat in the top rankning.

Rock climbing, skiing, mt. biking, rugby
You forgot chasing your cat around the house with a tub of vasaline.

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
I am passionate about success. Sounds kind of broad, but I hate "failure". In fact I have tried to remove the term from my vocabulary. I believe that there is no such thing as failure, only different outcomes to different situations. If I do not achieve the desired result from a situation, I will analyze it to see what I can change or do differently to make things go my way the next time around.

I have adopted a "if I can't, then I must" attitude. It has been working very well. I tend to get a lot more accomplished. I have all sorts of goals set for myself, but they are not my passions. My passions are the end results that I will get by achieving these goals.

I am also very passionate about helping others. No matter how big or how small. I try very hard to make the lives of others around me easier.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Truckzilla said:
Just went rock climbing for the first time the other day...have a feeling I might get addicted to it real soon.
tell me about it... i started seriously in april and was hooked instantly... I've not got 3 pair of shoes, w/ one getting sent out today for resoling and a pair i bought the other night (at $95-$130 a pair) plus about $1000 in hardware that hasn't even been used yet (building up my gear rack for outdoors next summer).... I'm so hooked its not even an option; I must climb at least 2x a week.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Any thing that gets my body moving and my adrenalin pumping. Cars, water skiing snow skiing, sky diving, Ice hockey, jet skiing, mountain biking and kite flying.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Sky diving is somthing i could get hooked on if it wasnt so damn expensive. Thats a rush, just like bungy jumping and extreme shit like that. Gotta agree with stcleaner...anything thats an adrenaline rush is somthing I'd be passionate about.

·
Registered
998 Posts
surfing is great too but in my older age i can't deal with the crowds anymore so i have been hanging less 10. more like hanging 5 or something

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
School & Work...

I haven't lost the passion of working out, but I haven't made the time, and with a week of school left, I plan on making it my priority again...

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Drinkin, smokin weed, and all other types of ill shit.

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
This question can be taken very broadly. I relate "passion" with enjoyment, or things you enjoy the most.

Hobbywise, I have many things: I play guitar, paint ocassionaly, play racquetball, tennis, volleyball, I like the sea, I go fishing (marlin, dolphin, tuna, etc, the big fish) whenever I can, love music, movies etc. It all depends on my mood.

My biggest passion is my family. I enjoy spending time with them. I am passionate about improving myself, this has something to do with what Lexarkana said, success at all levels, modeling yourself to be a better person financially, mentally and spiritually. Being happier with yourself. I love the process of achieving these things.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Passions:

Racing my and my friends go-karts. (i got a 100cc clutch, hes got a 125cc shifter)
Sex
muh is300, 8)
Keeping the network stable where i work

1 - 20 of 97 Posts