Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of us are passionate about something, our lives, our lovers, work, climbing rocks, grabbing air on a mtn/motocross bike, playing an instrument.

I dig riding motorcycles and playing guitar. I try to ride every week and play 4-5 days out of the week. Outside of family. I find it truly fulfilling to try and push yourself physically and mentally to master your passion. What do you guys do.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
The problem for me, in terms of time, health, and finances is that i'm honestly passionate about multiple things. Stuff I devote way too much time towards simply to be better, because i enjoy it, because i need to do it.

I could never "Rank" them as I'm passionate about all of them... they all share a seat in the top rankning.

Rock climbing, skiing, mt. biking, rugby

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
The problem for me, in terms of time, health, and finances is that i'm honestly passionate about multiple things. Stuff I devote way too much time towards simply to be better, because i enjoy it, because i need to do it.

I could never "Rank" them as I'm passionate about all of them... they all share a seat in the top rankning.

Rock climbing, skiing, mt. biking, rugby
You forgot chasing your cat around the house with a tub of vasaline.

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
I am passionate about success. Sounds kind of broad, but I hate "failure". In fact I have tried to remove the term from my vocabulary. I believe that there is no such thing as failure, only different outcomes to different situations. If I do not achieve the desired result from a situation, I will analyze it to see what I can change or do differently to make things go my way the next time around.

I have adopted a "if I can't, then I must" attitude. It has been working very well. I tend to get a lot more accomplished. I have all sorts of goals set for myself, but they are not my passions. My passions are the end results that I will get by achieving these goals.

I am also very passionate about helping others. No matter how big or how small. I try very hard to make the lives of others around me easier.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Truckzilla said:
Just went rock climbing for the first time the other day...have a feeling I might get addicted to it real soon.
tell me about it... i started seriously in april and was hooked instantly... I've not got 3 pair of shoes, w/ one getting sent out today for resoling and a pair i bought the other night (at $95-$130 a pair) plus about $1000 in hardware that hasn't even been used yet (building up my gear rack for outdoors next summer).... I'm so hooked its not even an option; I must climb at least 2x a week.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Any thing that gets my body moving and my adrenalin pumping. Cars, water skiing snow skiing, sky diving, Ice hockey, jet skiing, mountain biking and kite flying.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Sky diving is somthing i could get hooked on if it wasnt so damn expensive. Thats a rush, just like bungy jumping and extreme shit like that. Gotta agree with stcleaner...anything thats an adrenaline rush is somthing I'd be passionate about.

·
Registered
998 Posts
surfing is great too but in my older age i can't deal with the crowds anymore so i have been hanging less 10. more like hanging 5 or something

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
School & Work...

I haven't lost the passion of working out, but I haven't made the time, and with a week of school left, I plan on making it my priority again...

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Drinkin, smokin weed, and all other types of ill shit.

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
This question can be taken very broadly. I relate "passion" with enjoyment, or things you enjoy the most.

Hobbywise, I have many things: I play guitar, paint ocassionaly, play racquetball, tennis, volleyball, I like the sea, I go fishing (marlin, dolphin, tuna, etc, the big fish) whenever I can, love music, movies etc. It all depends on my mood.

My biggest passion is my family. I enjoy spending time with them. I am passionate about improving myself, this has something to do with what Lexarkana said, success at all levels, modeling yourself to be a better person financially, mentally and spiritually. Being happier with yourself. I love the process of achieving these things.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Passions:

Racing my and my friends go-karts. (i got a 100cc clutch, hes got a 125cc shifter)
Sex
muh is300, 8)
Keeping the network stable where i work

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
About this Discussion
96 Replies
32 Participants
Trovador
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing