Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing I plan on doing is just cruising up and down Lake Shore Drive here in Chicago.....can't wait.

What about you?

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Oooh...good question...

I'll probably show it off to friends and family.

Maybe I'll cruise up PCH or something once the engine is broken in.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Show it to my friends around the way, and if it's hot, I may take it down to the boardwalk. I wanna hit the Garden State Parkway and break her in!

·
Registered
168 Posts
heh, since im probably gonna prep my own car at lexus (sales porter) I'm gonna make sure they dont drill the front license plate holes. and yes, wash it. I'll probably drive it all over that day, and show it to my friends too.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'll make a nice drift.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I will try to wait for 2 consecutive sunny days to pick up my new IS300. Preferably a Friday and a Saturday. On the first day, I will do a closer inspection on the car on the sun before the PDI.

On the next day, I will wash the car, wax it with Zymol, apply the rain disperser like the Rain-X, apply leather conditioner, carpet protector and call it a day.

Then I will drive the car as much as I can to crank up the milege until it breaks in. Then I will bring the car for a natural oil change.

4000km for another oil change, then 6000km for the last natural oil change. For 12000km and onwards, I will use synthetic oil and also apply Slick 50 to the engine...

Andy

·
Registered
424 Posts
No, is300pat, escaine is suede-like material. It's not considered as leather. :p

In fact, you've raise a good question. How can we clean the esaine portion of the seat if we go for leather optin ?

I guess there must be some sort of cleaning procedures in the manual...

AndyL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts