Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...on the top left of the dash, right under the window. I know one of them is the headlight sensor thing, but why are there two? Does anyone know?
Just curious.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
they are both prolly for the headlight sensor... lots of times for sensors like that, to get a good signal, you need two sources so you can check your result.... otherwise you could have noise in the signal and get false readings... although having two sensors so close together wouldnt really reduce the noise that much... oh well, thats my take on it...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
HoustonLex said:
they are both prolly for the headlight sensor... lots of times for sensors like that, to get a good signal, you need two sources so you can check your result.... otherwise you could have noise in the signal and get false readings... although having two sensors so close together wouldnt really reduce the noise that much... oh well, thats my take on it...
I highly doubt both are for headlights, as you said, they are too close to each other. I'm pretty sure one is for the headlights and the other is for the climate control. The climate control would have to factor in the intensity of the sun somehow, it can't just go on temperature alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts