Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. I ordered so rims and the company is also sending me something called a "valve stem" and "spacers". I dont know what these are nor do I know whether to put them on. LMK

I'm getting them tomorrow. :bigSmile:

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
Mr.Pham said:
ok. I ordered so rims and the company is also sending me something called a "valve stem" and "spacers". I dont know what these are nor do I know whether to put them on. LMK

I'm getting them tomorrow. :bigSmile:
The valve stem is how you fill your tire with air. The mde for your car according to the rim offset. For instance a 5mm spacer would make a +50 offset wheel appear as a +45 offset....because it moves the wheel outward. A spacer is usually used to clear the caliper. Hope this helps.

P.s. Did they send you hub centric rings too?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Valve stems are mounted on the rim so u can put air in ur tire and spacers r 2 increase the offset.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
300iss said:
The valve stem is how you fill your tire with air. The mde for your car according to the rim offset. For instance a 5mm spacer would make a +50 offset wheel appear as a +45 offset....because it moves the wheel outward. A spacer is usually used to clear the caliper. Hope this helps.

P.s. Did they send you hub centric rings too?
So they don't already come with aired up tires?! Aww man that would suck if they don't. :pissed:

....details please.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh sorry...so both of those parts will come already on the tire and all i do is put the tire on?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
300iss said:
The spacer wont come mounted on the wheel. Just slide it on before the wheel though, and then throw the wheel and and your good to go.
thanks +rep

1 - 10 of 10 Posts