Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
swhat are the lightest racing rims available.. where can i get rims for my lexus is300? i like chromerims.

i seen spoon racing rims in 16in. does this lug pattern fit on my lexus is300...5x114.3?

·
Registered
683 Posts
spoon rims are specifically made for hondas, so please dont put them on your is...i doubt you could if you wanted to.

but yea, chrome and lightweight dont really go together, you need one style or the other...if you want chrome check out some lowenharts or if you want lightweight, look into volk or advan.

search around here and you should find everything you need

·
Mr. Negative
12,387 Posts
SSR has some fairly light wheels, OZ Superleggara's are pretty light as well. I think that Rays/Volk has a one piece forged wheel that's light, and I think that Kosei has a light race wheel that Sacrificial was using.

Oh yeah, a descent price 14.5lb 17/7 wheel is the new style Centerline.

All of these are descently priced and of a good quality.

·
Registered
816 Posts
IS_Dude said:
SSR has some fairly light wheels, OZ Superleggara's are pretty light as well. I think that Rays/Volk has a one piece forged wheel that's light, and I think that Kosei has a light race wheel that Sacrificial was using.
I'm no longer going to use the Kosei K1's, although if anybody cares there's no reason against using them. They're nice lightweight rims for the price, which is bargain-basement. Good disposa-wheels, IMO. (And all lightweight racing wheels are disposa-wheels if you engage in motorsports.) Anyways, they might be a little hard to get, though. They're being discontinued by Kosei for a new design, which I have yet to see show up here in the US.

Unique circumstances have come my way to allow me to upgrade to OZ Superleggeras in 17x8", which will allow me to run 245/40R17 Kumho Ecsta MX's when these current 225/45R17 Falken Azenis' are eaten up. I figure that even if the MX's aren't quite as soft as the Azenis', there's no arguing with 20 extra mm's of tread width.

(And yeah, as of Jan 1, 2003 the regulations for STX allow an 8" rim width and 245 tire width. :) )

·
Mr. Negative
12,387 Posts
Sacrificial said:
IS_Dude said:
I'm no longer going to use the Kosei K1's, although if anybody cares there's no reason against using them. They're nice lightweight rims for the price, which is bargain-basement. Good disposa-wheels, IMO. (And all lightweight racing wheels are disposa-wheels if you engage in motorsports.) Anyways, they might be a little hard to get, though. They're being discontinued by Kosei for a new design, which I have yet to see show up here in the US.

Unique circumstances have come my way to allow me to upgrade to OZ Superleggeras in 17x8", which will allow me to run 245/40R17 Kumho Ecsta MX's when these current 225/45R17 Falken Azenis' are eaten up. I figure that even if the MX's aren't quite as soft as the Azenis', there's no arguing with 20 extra mm's of tread width.

(And yeah, as of Jan 1, 2003 the regulations for STX allow an 8" rim width and 245 tire width. :) )
The Superleggaras are sweet wheels. I was looking at getting them insteed of my current street wheels when I got them. I'm very interested to hear how the MX's work out. I will probably get them for my tire of choice on my next go around in Jan or Feb, barring a terrible review. It looks like I'll be running STX next season. :chill:

Coilovers are my next decision in a week or so.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would have to say the Volk Racing CE28N or Buddy Club P1 forged version. Those are amongst the lightest wheels on the market right now. Here's an example of one of our IS's:

http://groups.msn.com/AutomotiveRD/importrevolution.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=647

If you want a chrome look I'd highly suggest going with the new vacuum metallized finishes or "Chrome Paint". There are several manufacturers out there who are using this finish now.

If you want a real bling kinda wheel I'd go with the Volk GT-P or Fikse FM10 or HRE or Kinesis. The fikses and GT-P are in a diamond cut finish which is beautiful. Then the HRE's and Kinesis can be polished out or made however you want.

GT-P's are a little under two grand depending on size. Buddy Club should be right around there as well. The Fikse, HRE, Kinesis are frikin' expensive. Expect to spend between $2800 - $4000.00 depending on finish and size.

I'm pretty much not a chromie guy at all so have attempted to find some compromises between "forged lightweight" construction and bling. Advan has this type of finish as well. I just remembered.

Hope this helps. I'm kinda new around here.
[/img]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
11 Participants
JIC 3SGTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing