Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was searching around and there was a few kits but seems as those kits are more of you customize them yourself thing. so i was wondering for the people that know about thins things if you could recommend me a good looking single din kit that comes with everything already. And when i say "good looking" i mean one that covers that space thats left below.

THANKS 4 UR HELP

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i don't think there is one that is "good looking". the JDM double-din is by far the best looking in terms of matching the stock interior...but no single-din version that i am aware of.

there's the metra that has a cubby slot to use when only having a single-din HU...but that thing doesn't match the interior at all.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well as far as matching the interior it doesnt apply to me because i have carbon fiber interior so once i put on the kit in, i will have a custom carbon fiber frame to match it with the whole dash. I aint sure if i saw this here or not but there was a single din kit that the second compartment had like cd holders or something anyone herd of that?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I ended up using the kit that came with my HU from Crutchfield. At first it looked like shit but a little wet sanding and the thing matches almost perfectly. You will probably find a great improvement on any kit (except of course JDM) with some wet sanding for a better looking finish.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I haven't finished putting it in yet, but from assembling it, I can tell that the Metra dash kit is fairly flimsy. Will update and post pictures when I can...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I was searching around and there was a few kits but seems as those kits are more of you customize them yourself thing. so i was wondering for the people that know about thins things if you could recommend me a good looking single din kit that comes with everything already. And when i say "good looking" i mean one that covers that space thats left below.

THANKS 4 UR HELP
You can just get the JDM 2din trim and buy a separate 1din pocket to fill the hole left over. Some guy on the forum did this, forgot who, and it looked pretty good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts