Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to this forum and I know that the is300s are not fast out of the box. Im coming from a 265whp 228ft.lb 6-speed acura TL which just got totaled. I have been looking at a 2003 lexus is300 sport e-shift and i wanted to know how fast can I get a N/A to go? I have been looking around the forums and I know that a good intake and exhuast will get me somewhere around 190 - 200 whp. If i was to do headers, cams, pullies (if they make them), and spacers, which ones are the ones to get, and would it be worth it. Im trying to keep the car n/a for now, so turbo is not an option. Thanks alot guys.. its hard to replace a car you have poured soo much blood and sweat into like my acura.

·
Premium Member
11,398 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Since your new here i'll help you with that :p but you should know that there is many many many information on question like that that have been asked before and by doing some research on the forum you could have found your answer easily

but for a quick answer :

Headers : Mazzuri (+- 20rwhp gain but loudest) or anyother brand (+-10rwhp gain but wont be as loud)

Cams : whatever you want except HKS first gen (had some problem with it but in other gen is fixed) you'll get around 3-4 rwhp

pulleys : i know unorthodox are making some but there have been a discussion that i was not good for the engine balance, true or false?? (5-6 rwhp?)

if you want the most power from all your mods you should also put at least a piggyback like Apexi SAFC, Greddy Emanage Ultimate ou Greddy Emanage Blue. (+-10rwhp)

These are only aprox. numbers and you should also know that you can't only add up these numbers and expect these gains to be true because they are complementary. But with all these mods and a good tune you could be around 210-220rwhp.

Got more questions? http://my.is/forums/f88/newbie-go-fast-stuff-link-thread-read-here-340884/

Good luck and I hope that it will help you :bigSmile:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys thanks for the info, ill check it out and decide where im gonna go from here. Hopefully ill be able to help some of you out in the future with the mods and maybe dyno sheets to prove the setups.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.