Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What parts do u need to have the oem navigation system work in your car. Are all the parts located by the screen or is there any external unit in the trunk or under the hood or somewhere else...someone is going to sell me the screen with motorized tray, buttons, and says the stock navi works...he is going to send a pic in a few day so what should i be looking for in the pictures to make sure all teh parts are there in order for the navi to work?

thanks

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
theres is about 3k worth of parts that still need to be put in after u get the oem housing and screen i.e. computer controlls and what not

-Eddie

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a

yeah but what are the parts that are needed and wat do they look like, b/c this guy says that the navigation will work and im gonna look at teh pic

·
8,849 Posts
There is a DVD module/Nav unit in the trunk.
What you need to get it to work is Motorized Screen enclusure (you knew that one already :crazy: ), OEM screen w/ remote controller (IR sensor), OEM module/Nav unit, and a ton of wiring. All of that will only work with stock HU and stock Amp in place.

P.S.
In case you're still interested, I'm only 2 weeks away from finishing installing the prototype of my system in my car (if the enclosure shop will stop screwing around :pissed: )
I will post details when done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.