Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a new girl that started working in my department a couple weeks ago. She's really good looking, and flirts with me constantly. My only reservation is that she has a 2 year old daughter. I've never been with a woman that has had a kid. Do any of you guys have experience in this? Is it really like throwing a hotdog down a hallway? I'm certainly not looking to become the new "baby's daddy" if you know that I'm saying. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
NEVER date a woman w/ a kid...NEVER ever..go listen to Tom Leyhkis!
I rather date a woman w/ a kid than to ever have to listen to that dipshit again... thank god NYC booted his ass after only a few months. :bitching:

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
I wouldn't do it.... girls that have kids out of wedlock often come from families where daddy was not there and have other issues that I'd rather not have to deal with.

For a fling, go for it - but keep an eye out if you're looking for long term.

Then again, if I became single again at my age, this is something I'd probably have to re-evaluate.

-Justin

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
How old are you? I would think if you're under 30, dating a woman with a child would be an issue. Must be tough for single women in their 20s with a child, my momma musta had it rough...

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Shoplift the pooty.

I have dated a few, and it can be hard. Really it depends on what kind of person she is. My xwife had a son when I met her, and I now consider him my son because his dad is out of the picture. But it has been very hard for him because she never kept him from all the guys she dated. He is very confused and I am sure will end up in therepy one day because of it.

Date her, but make it clear that unless you become serious, that you feel its not a good idea for you to spend a lot of time around her kid....

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 23....shes 24. She seems cool, and I could see myself dating her if she didn't have the kid, but the kid really puts a different spin on things. I'm really looking for a causal relationship, but i don't know if she would be cool with that. I have a feeling most single mothers are usually looking for a father for their kid. Thats really scary. Maybe I should just stay away.

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
DJPoop said:
I'm 23....shes 24. She seems cool, and I could see myself dating her if she didn't have the kid, but the kid really puts a different spin on things. I'm really looking for a causal relationship, but i don't know if she would be cool with that. I have a feeling most single mothers are usually looking for a father for their kid. Thats really scary. Maybe I should just stay away.
Maybe she thinks you're not much of a father material either and just wants to see your little dinky.

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
PMD911 said:
DJPoop said:
Maybe she thinks you're not much of a father material either and just wants to see your little dinky.
Agreed.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trovador said:
PMD911 said:
DJPoop said:
Agreed.
Agreed.

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
a. she wants some dick and is cool with that.......or
b. she wants a daddy.

i have dated a girl with a kid before. 3yrs. it was cool kid was cool, you have to adjust to not being about to do just spontaneous things with her, babysitters and such. alos doing kid shit, and ...........the baby daddy syndrome. drama drama drama, in my case i knew the guy and he was cool with me, but they fought all the time so i was in the middle......so i broke up with her and now i miss the kid......but look fwd to having my own, nothing can replace that, used kids arent like the new.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
DJPoop said:
I have a feeling most single mothers are usually looking for a father for their kid. Thats really scary. Maybe I should just stay away.
How can you guys generalize all single mothers like this? Sure, some may be like that, but not all. I have a 3 1/2 yr old, who's dad is not in the picture. When I dated I made sure to keep my dating seperate from my child. It's all about what kind of person/mother the girl is, and whether or not she can make the 2 things seperate. I have now been w/ a wonderful guy for the past year and a half who loves my daughter as if she were his own, but I was not out looking for that. In the beginning I did not bring him around her.

It's all about what you are comfortable with. Date her a few times, see how it goes. If you feel she can't keep you 2 seperate, then ditch her.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jupiterfish said:
b. she wants a daddy.

i have dated a girl with a kid before. 3yrs. it was cool kid was cool, you have to adjust to not being about to do just spontaneous things with her, babysitters and such. alos doing kid shit, and ...........the baby daddy syndrome. drama drama drama, in my case i knew the guy and he was cool with me, but they fought all the time so i was in the middle......so i broke up with her and now i miss the kid......but look fwd to having my own, nothing can replace that, used kids arent like the new.
Not to sound like an asshole, but how was her female area....does it recover from all that streaching during child birth?

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
blondegirl561 said:
DJPoop said:
I have a feeling most single mothers are usually looking for a father for their kid. Thats really scary. Maybe I should just stay away.
How can you guys generalize all single mothers like this? Sure, some may be like that, but not all. I have a 3 1/2 yr old, who's dad is not in the picture. When I dated I made sure to keep my dating seperate from my child. It's all about what kind of person/mother the girl is, and whether or not she can make the 2 things seperate. I have now been w/ a wonderful guy for the past year and a half who loves my daughter as if she were his own, but I was not out looking for that. In the beginning I did not bring him around her.

It's all about what you are comfortable with. Date her a few times, see how it goes. If you feel she can't keep you 2 seperate, then ditch her.
I agree with you FULLY, as I previously stated. But you do have to at least recognize that there are a number of women who are out to find a baby daddy. I would be willing to say there are more of them, then women like you. I do commend you tho for being able to handle it the way you have.

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
DJPoop said:
jupiterfish said:
b. she wants a daddy.

Not to sound like an asshole, but how was her female area....does it recover from all that streaching during child birth?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
blondegirl561 said:
DJPoop said:

Very sorry. I wasn't trying to make any generalizations at all. Please excuse my poor word choice. :oops:

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
DJPoop said:
jupiterfish said:
b. she wants a daddy.

Depends on the woman, depends on the birth. Some never get back down to pre-baby tightness, some get tighter. Its just as varied as any other woman.

PS in my experience sleeping with moms (Which has been quite a few) Its never been like throwing a hot dog down a hallway. But some have been less than desireable, but none worse that non-mothers.

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Trovador said:
DJPoop said:
jupiterfish said:
b. she wants a daddy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think this was what Poopy intended to ask in the first place. He is worried that he might be "inadequate". :lol:

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
DJPoop said:
jupiterfish said:
b. she wants a daddy.

lol, thats cool i thought the same thing, it was actually better in a way, she was a small girl (4'9 105lbs) i'm 6'2 (blk guy)....it was still the bomb, i was her first, the the dad was the second guy she had been with.....then i was the third, long story there :roll: but it was still the bomb, top 5 for me...but all ussys are different, i've been with girls with no kids that make be feel like i'm wasting my time.......girls at 22yrs old, thats scary.....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
19 Participants
DonCorleone
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing