Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
15,322 Posts
i got FF and waxed my car on saturday
(dawn, then one coat cured 90min then second coat cured 140min) last night applied third coat and let cure overnight took off around 2 this afternoon, will take pics tomorrow after morning class and post them before 5pm cali time. SBM.
its shiny, its smooth, but i still see some swirl marks (not as bad as before but i still see them) what about you Acerone?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
how does it look Don?
My camera is out of battery, I'll buy new ones tomorrow and take some pics.. got to install my scanner too dammit! my scanner sucks, so if the pictures come out bad don't give me crap please

·
15,322 Posts
its purty and shiny...
i still have swirl marks, but not as many as i did before. i like the shine and the way the paint feels, but the swirls! no product can take off all the swirls and i guess i expected ff to do that. i am happy with the results and it was worth the cost alone for the way the paint felt after. the shine is blingblingin. ill take pics with my video camera tomorrow since my scanner died a long time ago and i dont feel like taking pics then developing them then buying a scanner and setting that up then scanning and posting...

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I got finish first too. However, I'm not seeing all that much difference. I may not be doing it right. I washed my car with the FF wash. I've never waxed my car so I didn't use the pre-FF stuff. I applied the FF but it doesn't go on like wax. It seems very thin and it doesn't look like it really attaches to the surface. When it dries, I can hardly see the haze. (Silver IS)

How are you guys applying this? Is it working for you?

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
I went with 3M - got the swirl remover, show car wax and gloss enhancer...car looks sweet...remember I just had the dealer F it up so on Sat I fixed it up...smooth as Doug's girlfriend's a$$

·
15,322 Posts
sorry its 620pm, i had to run some errands
and couldn't upload them sooner.
damn i envy those of you living in the snowbelt, look at what we have to put up with, unsightly palmtrees and so much sunshine my pictures look like my car had a diamond cut surface, man you have it good

the rest of the pics are here.>
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1287184&a=9539983

[This message has been edited by DonCorleone (edited November 21, 2000).]

·
15,322 Posts
here some pics i took BEFORE i put FF on, since the after pics are above... i had just washed my car the day before and it wasn't that dirty, then i washed it again with dawn and applied ff.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
my pictures should be coming friday sometime, but i just put a third coat of FF on and i'm using it on the wheels now too(it seems to keep brake dust off pretty well) and it looks GOOD
inever knew white could be so shiny

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
DonCorleone
Your before pictures are in the shade. Is there really a big difference?

Nobody has replied to tell me how they used FF.

I washed my car, dried it. FF went on, but it seemed very thin and light. Didn't seem like it was going to do much. Did you guys rub it in, massage, jerk or whatever? I don't notice all that much difference.

·
15,322 Posts
yeah i wash my car in the shade and took pics in the sun so its not really fair for those who want a before and after, i'll take one in the shade and post it. as to apply it, i used a wax applicator, shook the container good, then poured about four drops the size of a dime and then used a back and fourth motion and put four or so more drops for every panel or so and let it sit for 90 minutes the first time, buffed it off, repeated and left it for 2 hours or so then buffed it off, the next day i put another coat on an let it cure overnight and then buffed it off. the only difference between the car when it is clean without wax and when it has wax is the car shines more and theres less swirl marks, the paint also feels smoother. dust and stuff also come off easier and the paint stays smooth.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
i used the pre-cleaner, then i just rubbed the FF on. the first layer didn't really seem that thick but then i started using a wax applicator on the current coat(my 3rd) and it went on MUCH better. the car looks awesome =)

Originally posted by SophieSleeps:
DonCorleone
Your before pictures are in the shade. Is there really a big difference?

Nobody has replied to tell me how they used FF.

I washed my car, dried it. FF went on, but it seemed very thin and light. Didn't seem like it was going to do much. Did you guys rub it in, massage, jerk or whatever? I don't notice all that much difference.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
i put the stuff on my wheels and te thing i really noticed is that the brake dust(which bmw is notoriuos for) is not as bad. dirt also definitely comes offmore easily, i just wipe the car down every day or so and it's neough

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Thanks. I'll try again this weekend.
Do you guys recommend using the prep? I'll use the wash first. Then the prep? or just go straight to the actual polish.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
9 Participants
DonCorleone
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing