Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone...I'm new to this forum but glad to be a part of it as of today;) Just bought an 08 is250...I will post pics at a later time...Well here's my situation...I decided to let my uncle drive my brand new car which isn't something out of the ordinary.... for one, he is family and two, he is a very good driver from what I can remember out of my 27 yrs of life;) Well the son of a crazy horse decides to black out while making a turn and for some reason I was unaware of this sitting in the passenger seat...I guess unaware for the fact I was to in shock to take my eyes off the road as my car got closer and closer to the curb! I'm thinking the whole time this is a sick joke(cause he has a sick sense of humor like that) and he will turn away at the last second...didn't happen..instead BANG! left side hits the curb and the car then straightens heading right towards a parked chrysler...for some reason at that moment I thought of the movie Fight Club when Brad Pitt's character decides to take his hands off the steering wheel and let the car go where it may...well...half of me was bracing for a 40mph head on impact with this parked car when I snapped out of it at the last second and grabbed the wheel and turned it right....thank god for lexus's impressive handling in regards to it's response when turning the steering wheel because my car missed that chrysler by an inch and I do mean inch...it was that fricken close! Now mind you I'm still watching the road this whole time until I feel my uncle grab hold of the steering wheel..."he asks me what happened?" after a few choice words I explained to him what happened...hahaha...the guy doesn't remember a thing...long story short..
We park and investigate...I'm preparing myself for the worst as I walk from the passenger side to the driver side...HA! not one scrape nick prick or scratch....to the body that is....my front left rim...not so lucky...but even IT wasn't damaged too too bad...my rim has an inch mmm inch and half dent on the outer lip with scrapemarks that run 3-4inches along the outer lip...now to my question...
any idea how much it will cost to replace this rim??...i'm guessing it's an 18inch smoked alloy 10spoke 4 lug rim..any off the top of your head guestimates??? Thankyou!

*sorry...just realized I dropped this in the wrog section*

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I would guess they are $400 a piece from the dealer but keep an eye on eBay for a cheap used one. Or you can always go aftermarket. :) Sorry about your luck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
sorry man....i saw tht wheel on ebay...but it is the silver one for $75. try car-part.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies...I'm looking into everything now...I heard back from the Parts dept. of the Lexus dealer I bought the car from...are you ready....the price for a new rim with no tire is going to cost me $1200:jawDrop: :jawDrop: :jawDrop: :jawDrop:

woooooow!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try your local craigslist. I was shopping around for snow tire wheels, and I saw some factory wheels from an IS350 for something like $600 for the set of 4. I ended up buying a set of wheels from a 2008 ES350 for $400 with about 200 miles on them. If you find someone who wants to get some aftermarket wheels and is eager to find a home for their factory wheels, you might find a good deal - and then you can sell the others on ebay and probably get most of your money back.

·
Registered
72 Posts
you might want to check the suspension and make sure that nothing got damaged in the process. Hitting a curb like you did probably would cause some sort of damage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts