Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Founder
8,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get some race wheels/tires for my car and want to go with 17's. The stockers don't fit without spacers. It's not because of the diameter, but the back of the spokes. Do the SSR Integrals fit?

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
yeah, I wanted to put back my stock rims this winter, where do I get spacers so that they clear the BBK?

thanks....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Tony, I'll check the clearance of my superleggeras this weekend when I mount them up. I have stock calipers, but I'll try and take some measurements for you. Not sure if you want to have another set of OZ's.

·
Founder
8,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave said:
Tony, I'll check the clearance of my superleggeras this weekend when I mount them up. I have stock calipers, but I'll try and take some measurements for you. Not sure if you want to have another set of OZ's.
I wouldn't mind, they'd be light. ;)

If nothing but the diameter of the wheel changes, then they should fit, right?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Webmaster, I just sent you some pics of the calipers. It looks like there is plenty of clearence. Probably simlar to your 18's.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
anyone know a definite answer?!?!

I would really like to get some crappy ass rims for winter/snow tires and mount them over the rotora big brake kit and not bother with spacers, etc for the stock rims...

can someone please get us a definite answer?!?!

I really need to know this week!

thanks......

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
anyone know a definite answer?!?!

I would really like to get some crappy ass rims for winter/snow tires and mount them over the rotora big brake kit and not bother with spacers, etc for the stock rims...

can someone please get us a definite answer?!?!

I really need to know this week!

thanks......
Marc, forget about looking for cheap wheels that you have to mount and try to fit the BBK over. Easiest solution is to just add spacers if the stock rims will fit (diameter wise) over the BBK with just spacer. There are 5mm universal spacers for like $40 set at all auto parts store. Nothing wrong with running small/thin spacers. Btw, you should start another thread cause this is getting side tracked/off-topic.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sorry, I didn't think we were getting to far off topic. It looks like my oz superleggeras have enough clearance for a big brake kit. I sent webmaster some pictures of them mounted over my stock calipers. Maybe he can shed some light on the subject and say if they will fit for sure.
Spacers up front seem like a good alternative though if you've already got stock wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts