Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Podiatrist
22,491 Posts
Pull it off an E46 M3. It's the same lip. BMW part.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the batmobile said:
i dont like it.. it doesnt seem to be too noticable
i'd rather get a rmm or trd lip
i think that's the point. 8) diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks... you're right tho, if you want noticeable rmm is probably the way to go!

anyone have any other pics??

·
Blue Glowie
3,618 Posts
danielj said:
here, prob same thing. $60.00 i'm getting this one nxt week.
I don't believe that is the same one we sell. Ours has a noticeable curve so it fits the IS trunk lid perfect. Maybe its just the angle of your pic though.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya know, on second thought, screw this lip. why would i want to look like a bmw??

that would be exactly the same as adding z3 fender fenders, demon eyes, or altezza lights on anything but an IS. maybe not as obvious, but still the same in principle.

just not gonna do it... :chill:

·
Threadlocker
8,046 Posts
the pic posted above shows the ABS Dynamics lip, which doesn't actually fit our car.. it is 6" longer on each side! and yes the "custom" fit ones that are for our cars are just cut... also don't know how good the quality of the ABS lip is.

the wing that joe Z has actually conforms to our trunkline, which means it doesn't require any bending to get to fit.. also unlike the m3/flatline wings, joe's fits our trunk exactly.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,916 Posts
i've seen these M3/Flatline lips mounted o nthe IS... & the curve " issue" is really a non-issue... the material is very flexible & pliable & curves/ bends to conform very easily & with no real apparent "stressing" of the piece....

for the price i think it is a viable option.....if it suits your style...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Depends on what you want the spoiler for: form or function or both?

The lip spoiler is so small it will hardly add any downforce for stability purposes, so it's just looks...

here's my RMM...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.