Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Jew
25,468 Posts
Shit.... I learned my lesson about driving in wet weather when I was 11..... my dad was teaching me how to drive and, being the maniac that I am, as soon as I saw a puddle I floored it and bombed his Yukon into the puddle at about 50mph.....

we proceded to hydroplane (I didn't know what this was) for about a hundred feet and then the truck started to spin..... we almost rolled (two wheels on the ground).

it all turned out good though.... the truck was fine.... I was grounded.... and I never fucked around in wet weather again.

:chill:

now that storytime's over......

·
11,062 Posts
You guys are funny. We don't know snow from cotton in Seattle, but we sure as heck know what to do in the rain...at least if we grew up here.

We do have a problem with stupid people who moved in from somewhere else...

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SeattleSheila said:
You guys are funny. We don't know snow from cotton in Seattle, but we sure as heck know what to do in the rain...at least if we grew up here.

I moved here to Ohio from somewhere else, and I feel like I'm the only non-retard when it rains or snows.

Maybe it's the California driver in me coming out, but it drives me crazy...Just because the road is wet doesn't mean you have to go 2 MPH and put on your brakes every 3 seconds.

:D

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
caren said:
SeattleSheila said:

I moved here to Ohio from somewhere else, and I feel like I'm the only non-retard when it rains or snows.

Maybe it's the California driver in me coming out, but it drives me crazy...Just because the road is wet doesn't mean you have to go 2 MPH and put on your brakes every 3 seconds.

:D
sounds like caren has spent her time on All-seasons and has to try some high-performance tires at speed inthe rain b4 she says anything ;)

Those bastards plane so easily and i can feel them drift thru the corners. i hope i have tome to swtitch to snows this week dammit!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
s0yb0mb said:
sounds like caren has spent her time on All-seasons and has to try some high-performance tires at speed inthe rain b4 she says anything ;)

Those bastards plane so easily and i can feel them drift thru the corners. i hope i have tome to swtitch to snows this week dammit!
Yes, my truck has all-seasons...but that doesn't make it any easier or harder to drive in the rain.

And YES, I am constantly hearing of the dangers of driving in the snow/rain/anything without sun/etc with hi-performance tires.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
IS300included said:
Shit.... I learned my lesson about driving in wet weather when I was 11..... my dad was teaching me how to drive and, being the maniac that I am, as soon as I saw a puddle I floored it and bombed his Yukon into the puddle at about 50mph.....

we proceded to hydroplane (I didn't know what this was) for about a hundred feet and then the truck started to spin..... we almost rolled (two wheels on the ground).

it all turned out good though.... the truck was fine.... I was grounded.... and I never fucked around in wet weather again.

:chill:

now that storytime's over......
I guess stupid IS hereditary. Of course, it seems you get it from both nature AND nurture....

-Justin

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
caren said:
s0yb0mb said:

Yes, my truck has all-seasons...but that doesn't make it any easier or harder to drive in the rain.

And YES, I am constantly hearing of the dangers of driving in the snow/rain/anything without sun/etc with hi-performance tires.
oh HELLS yea it does... i can't take my IS over 60 mph if the temp is inteh 50's or lower... I have ZERO grip in an emergency situation. I once spun the car on a cool night AFTER the rain (roads still wet) at 60 mph on the highway when some prick cut me off... that stuff never happened wheni ran allseasons.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
WTF, "summer" or high-perf tires are gonna give you better wet/dry traction than any all-season anyday.

Yeah I agree they're not great for COLD weather, but for rain when it's 60+ outside, they can't be beat foos.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
s0yb0mb said:
oh HELLS yea it does... i can't take my IS over 60 mph if the temp is inteh 50's or lower... I have ZERO grip in an emergency situation. I once spun the car on a cool night AFTER the rain (roads still wet) at 60 mph on the highway when some prick cut me off... that stuff never happened wheni ran allseasons.
Either way, I don't see the point of driving like a 2 year old when the roads get wet...just my personal opinion :p

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
caren said:
s0yb0mb said:
Either way, I don't see the point of driving like a 2 year old when the roads get wet...just my personal opinion :p
Its called being cautious and safe.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
DJPoop said:
caren said:
s0yb0mb said:
Try doing a line of blow while driving in the rain on all seasons, that's cautious and safe.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DJPoop said:
There IS a difference between the two. I can be cautious and safe without going 10mph when it's raining.

I'm just an impatient driver, sue me.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
webguyIS said:
DJPoop said:
caren said:
s0yb0mb said:
Try doing a line of blow while driving in the rain on all seasons, that's cautious and safe.
Thats what I'm talkin' about!

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Word.

webguyIS said:
WTF, "summer" or high-perf tires are gonna give you better wet/dry traction than any all-season anyday.

Yeah I agree they're not great for COLD weather, but for rain when it's 60+ outside, they can't be beat foos.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
13 Participants
Justin.b
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing