Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my IS didnt come with the bottom plastic protective peice and whenever heavy rains occur and I have to plow thru big puddles my HID ballasts get wet and one or both die.
Would it.just be easier to swap wires for a regular halogen headlights or what? My HIDs arent that bright anyways.
Advice?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
So my IS didnt come with the bottom plastic protective peice and whenever heavy rains occur and I have to plow thru big puddles my HID ballasts get wet and one or both die.
Would it.just be easier to swap wires for a regular halogen headlights or what? My HIDs arent that bright anyways.
Advice?
Not easy to swap to halogen, different mount. As for your issue. Sounds like the headlight seals may be bad. Even possibly a lose wire or connector.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Advice?
I would try to source the plastic bottom covers an then but new HID bulbs in, if you want bright lights halogen would be a disappointment
I have stock halogens on my car and my freind has stock HID's and his lights are a lot brighter

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i installed the aftermkt ballasts myself so easy to open n check. Had moisture inside relay? Box so may be fried. Ah life on the tropical texas coast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts