Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going to this import shop in Stamford, CT since I had the IS...they've done a good job but they've been pissing me off. They're install price has doubled twice when I went there and i'm sick of their bullshit ripping me off. I don't trust them anymore.

Does anybody know of GREAT import shops in the Westchester area (or CT)?

I'm also looking for a dyno as well. I need someone to tune e-manage when the parts come next week.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
I've been going to this import shop in Stamford, CT since I had the IS...they've done a good job but they've been pissing me off. They're install price has doubled twice when I went there and i'm sick of their bullshit ripping me off. I don't trust them anymore.

I'm also looking for a dyno as well. I need someone to tune e-manage when the parts come next week.
I'd suggest going down to SRT...OR, drive your ass to my house and I'll install the Stage II for you. I won't do the valve body though.

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SophieSleeps said:
lil' IS 300 said:

I'd suggest going down to SRT...OR, drive your ass to my house and I'll install the Stage II for you. I won't do the valve body though.
It's not just for the stage 2. I'll let them install it because they said they'd do everything for $1500 which is a great deal considering how many damn extras I have (gauges, timers, electronic boost controller, valve body, e-manage etc...). But before I even let them begin the install i'm getting some written document which states that they can't go over that otherwise, fuck it, i'm bringing it to another place. I'm not about to drop off the IS and pick it up a few days later saying the install was $3000.

But I really do need to find a dyno in my area. I gotta have e-manage tuned, which is why i'm posting this. I've searched and searched but can't find any within a reasonable distance.

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NewYorkIS300 said:
Did you try pruven performance in conn. Or let sophie do it, he's money.
I just checked out the website. Holy shit that place looks very impressive :eek:

I'm going to give them a call tommorrow and see how much they'll do the complete install with e-manage dyno tuning. They're only an hour away from me, but it would be such a step up from the crap shop I go to now in stamford. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts