Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was messing around on Kelley Blue Book to see how much I could get for the IS. So I look under Luxury of course since it is a Lexus. Well its not under Luxury anymore. Its just under sedan. Just about a month ago when I checked it was still under Luxury. So does that mean its not a Luxury vehicle anymore?

·
Registered
482 Posts
does it really matter? Is there some big premium they slap on luxury vehicles when finding out their KBB value? If so, that's retarded. If not, again i ask, who cares?

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Kinda off-topic, KBB is the lowest in used pricing. Compare with edmunds (avg) and NADA (highest) for a more accurate average pricing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
crontab said:
Kinda off-topic, KBB is the lowest in used pricing. Compare with edmunds (avg) and NADA (highest) for a more accurate average pricing.
thats why dealers use kbb

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
crontab said:
They actually go lower than kbb. Depends on the market for the car, the season, time of year, locale... They use something called auction price.
They also use a black book. Which is obtainable, but not easily..

·
2,909 Posts
First of all the "blue book" is a scam. It's supposed to convince people when trading in their cars how much they can get for it. The industry standard is the "black book" and nothing else. The "blue book" is there to throw off #'s and the like to trick consumers. My neighbor is in the biz and broke this whole thing down in more detail, but those are the basics for you.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Dealers use KBB for when you're trading in a vehicle and NADA for when they price a car they're trying to sell.

One of the dealer salesmen said KBB is only used in California.. hmm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts