Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They only offered me $10K for my wife 99 Altima SE w/21,000 miles. The car is clean, the Blue Book for trade in is around $12,500 everywhere I looked. Bunch of thieves and I said hell no. The were selling the IS300 Fully loaded for $32,900 plus Tax & Fees($1,300). This is no even close to what some of you guys paid. Are they trying to rip me off
or What?

I want an IS so bad

·
Registered
86 Posts
There is currently a $2000 manufacturer to customer rebate for the 2001 Nissan Altima, due to the new dramatically revised model coming out in 2002. This might have an affect on the trade-in value of your car.

As for the IS300, I would contact other local dealers in the area.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I was offered 30,800 for a black on black IS, plus tax and fees. But my dad today called over to a delear over in San Fran (i dont know if he said near or IN san fran .. ill find out when he gets home) and they said they can offer us lower than that. But my dad says sometimes they say that just to get you in there dorr then they bull-**** you. But we will see we have a APT. with a dude this Saturday.

But 32,900 plus tax and fees seem high if they offered us 30,800 plus fees and taxs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:
you think a dealership trade in will offer you book value for your car? think again.

I'm talking about trade-in value, not retail value. Other dealers have offer me at least $12K. I just don't like those other cars.

·
Registered
231 Posts
other dealers may have offered you more for your trade, but they may have raised the price of the new car you were buying. when you negotiate your new car you should separate the new car purchase from the trade. negotiate a purchase price for your IS, then ask them what they will give you for your trade. this will help make sure they aren't pulling a fast one.

·
Registered
152 Posts
papo salsa-
I had a 99 infiniti G20t titanium silver in color. i had about 23k miles on it and KBB says $18k and the lowest it mentioned was $15k i think. anyways, i ended up to be negative $1,300.00 that i had to pay. i dont know. i just said, 'what the heck. take the car and i'll pay the negative amount. I also remember that they mentioned something about that they dont necessarily go by the KBB because of some certain reason. (Was i tricked? Perhaps. Do i care about now? No).
I dont know.. maybe its a Nissan thing.
Here's the blessing that i got out from it. the next day went i went outside to get into my IS, i noticed a scratch located at the door jam and an abrasion(sp?) on the front right wheel well bumper and my rear left window was leaking water through the cabin. I was upset on this but they fixed the water leak and waived the $1,300 (they gave my check back to me).

just thought i'd share that with anyone...

-jason http://www.geocities.com/zspeed1

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by jayrey300:
papo salsa-
I had a 99 infiniti G20t titanium silver in color. i had about 23k miles on it and KBB says $18k and the lowest it mentioned was $15k i think. anyways, i ended up to be negative $1,300.00 that i had to pay. i dont know. i just said, 'what the heck. take the car and i'll pay the negative amount. I also remember that they mentioned something about that they dont necessarily go by the KBB because of some certain reason. (Was i tricked? Perhaps. Do i care about now? No).
Here's the blessing that i got out from it. the next day went i went outside to get into my IS, i noticed a scratch located at the door jam and an abrasion(sp?) on the front right wheel well bumper and my rear left window was leaking water through the cabin. I was upset on this but they fixed the water leak and waived the $1,300 (they gave my check back to me).

As bad as I want the IS, I'm not about to give them my wife car which is in excellent condition and I have done intensive research on the trade-in, including friends in the business to let the car go for $10K. I prefer to wait and sell it privately. And then I will buy the car with cash in hand.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Jut got my fully loaded IS300 in SBM for 31000 before tax and fees. This was hard to work to. In Connecticut the dealers are pretty strong on holding there ground with making no less then 1000 on each sale. I had one dealer try to sell it for 33,000 saying they typically make 5000 of each deal. I would say that 31,000 is a good deal for a fully loaded.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by jayrey300:
papo salsa-

Man, I can't figure out how you took a loss on that car. The car looks nice and an Infinity, you must wanted the IS real bad.

·
Registered
503 Posts
First of all Kelly Blue don't mean $hit. You might as well throw those numbers out the window. Try finding the WHOLESALE value for your car. That's what is is worth and don't forget to adjust for condition and over miles. Don' try to add for low miles either.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Ylw IS300:
First of all Kelly Blue don't mean $hit. You might as well throw those numbers out the window. Try finding the WHOLESALE value for your car. That's what is is worth and don't forget to adjust for condition and over miles. Don' try to add for low miles either.

I pretty much know that now. Anyway I also use the NADA Guide and is not to far from KBB, about $500 diferent.

Selling 99 Altima SE w/21,400 miles. $13,400OBO

·
Registered
7 Posts
Papo-Salsa,

Here's the deal:
KBB have the correct price. You will only see if this if you can see all the other costs that is involved in making your car marketable. This cost is subtracted from the price you get from KBB.

In the case of your 99 Altima. Here's the deal:

To get the best trade-in value for your car is to bring it back to a Nissan dealership.
Look in the Lexus used car lot, do you see any non-luxury brand cars? If you do, how many do you see and much do they cost (approximately)? If you were to trade in your Altima, Lexus will not put that car on their used car lot, instead, they will wholesale it to a nearby Nissan or non-luxury car dealership. The Lexus dealership will make close to nothing on your Altima when they wholesale the car. The other dealership, on the other hand, will make a helluva lot on the car because they bought it for dirt cheap. The Lexus dealership's objective with a non-luxury car trade-in is to get rid of it as soon as possible so that it doesn't take up space on the lot.

Recently my friend traded in his 95 348 Spyder for the LS430. Now, according to the guys with the Ferarri Club of America, he should be able to sell his car for $96K since it only had 1200 miles on it, but the Lexus dealership only offered him $82K for it. He made the trade. Did Lexus rip him off? No. That Lexus dealership was not going to put a $100K car on their lot, instead, they wholesaled it to Aremi Fast Toys for $83K. Aremi will in turn put that 348 on their lot along with the Diablos, NSX, Vipers, etc. for around $100K.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey, believe me that I understand all the reasons you guys has posted. Appreciated all the help a can get because I still mad as hell. I was counting with having the IS this weekend in my garage

1 - 16 of 16 Posts